Archimonde0_0

In Vino Veritas

50 XP

28th August 2006

0 Uploads

1,231 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

I wanna hear from the Americans here what their views are on the 700 billion dollar bail out that is going to give money to the many companies that went bankrupt recently.

Personally, I believe the bail-out is needed, but at the moment the government makes it seem as though they are just going to give out the money, however...I think that's just stupid.

The 700 billion dollars should be called a "Loan" as opposed to a bail-out, considering estimates state that every US Citizen would need to pay 2000 dollars to cover the cost. I think the word "Loan" fits better, the government shouldn't be "bailing them out" but instead lending them the money to get back on their feet, and demand that it be repaid over time. These companies should think of it as a Loan from the American People, not as free money, I expect to get money back.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 10 years ago

Yes, a Loan. When in reality it will just be added to our countries debt total. I'm not convinced its going to help. Money doesn't last long with businesses now days. Even if it does work, I can't imagine that putting a closure on the problem.

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

It's the End of capitalism, Lord have Mercy!

N24Reporter

Betatesting FH2 is fun

50 XP

24th October 2006

0 Uploads

981 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

It's pure insane madness. If you think about it naivly, it's like throwing as much money as possible at problems and hoping that they'll go away... ah well as Lobo said:

"It's the End of capitalism, Lord have Mercy!" :D

Stefan F

Belgian ROFLs

50 XP

13th May 2004

0 Uploads

912 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

Good game Dollar value

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 10 years ago
Stefan F;4597200Good game Dollar value

Noooo!! all I need are high gold prices and a low euro and I´m rich!

Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago
Lobo;4597113It's the End of capitalism, Lord have Mercy!

Whats kind of government do you propose. Would be glad to see what you like.

stylie

Mas stylie por favor...

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

5,004 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago
Lobo;4597113It's the End of capitalism, Lord have Mercy!

Tell me about it. Its making me sick. Its not capitalism at all. Private wealth, public risk. 700 bn, If they use my money I want a stake. This is where I start believing you Anarkolists... Because how many industries have we bailed out now? Lets go back to 9/11 when we had to bail out the Airlines? Now I get enraged when I see a 9-11 security fee on a flight ticket. Seriously I feel like Ive been fleeced under our administration. Im not going to name names here because I have about 0% knowledge of the high financial types so Im not sure I even trust my OWN opinion on this. Suspicious, I am, but again, I'll never know what goes on behind those closed doors. I watched that stock market over the last few days too... I dont see "disaster" I see volatility. Seems like 1929 again when the manufactered collapse gave rise to central banking. Very pissed off these days. It just seems like a means to an end if you know what Im talking about. However, Id hate to see collapse or innocent people get hurt. I just want to know that I'll get a return on this if it happens. Because part of it will be my goddamned money!!! Stefan! Lobo! Wipe those shit-eating grins off your faces!!! :p

FlyGuy45

*TRA* Spsk. Pilotka VVS

50 XP

22nd June 2005

0 Uploads

6,414 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago

Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago

What annoys me is if i fuck up my credit & default I can say goodbye to all my shit but the Government bails these guys out.