I am also [130.Pz]Gef.Elche Pz

50 XP

6th December 2005

0 Uploads

4,456 Posts

0 Threads

#251 11 years ago

More great news guys.

We spoke with an EA rep at Comic Con to get some details about the upcoming downloadable shooter.

TheGameReviews: So Battlefield 1943 was just announced last week. Is this mostly a remake of 1942 or does it offer any changes to the original?

EA: It uses some of 1942’s maps: Wake Island, Water Canal, and Iwo Jima. It’s kind of a condensed version of the original.

TGR: Are there only three maps in the game or will more be announced later?

EA: There are only three maps as it is a downloadable game.

TGR: Was the 3 maps decision made based on the fact that it’s downloadable, or based more on the same creed that Battlefield Heroes was created under. I remember hearing DICE talk about how there are a ton of maps that rarely get played in many games while one or two of the maps become huge and populate every server, which is why Heroes has a small map count.

EA: We followed a similar strategy for 1943, yes.

TGR: Are the included maps are direct ports or more reimaginings of their 1942 versions?

EA: The maps are a little more condensed than they were in 1942 PC, mostly due to the limitations of the console. The game is now 12 on 12, 2 sides with 3 classes each.

TGR: The class system…same as before?

EA: We eliminated two of the classes and merged a lot of their parts into the remaining three. There are also shared responsibilities between them.

TGR: How many vehicles will be in the game?

EA: Planes, tanks, jeeps, and boats will all be featured, but they are different for each side of the fight.

TGR: Can you talk about the destructibility in the game a bit. Is it similar to Bad Company, where everything explodes in a very over-the-top manner?

EA: It’s built on the Frostbite engine which powered Bad Company, so you will see the same destruction, physics, and great audio that made Bad Company so cool.

TGR: The health system is different than it was before?

EA: There is no health bar. When you get shot, you see your screen darkening a bit. We don’t want people focusing on finding health packs and such. We just want you to regenerate and keep playing.

TGR: Is there any offline botmatch options, or is it online only?

EA: Online only.

TGR: Will there be DLC, more maps, etc?

EA: Anything is possible, but we are still trying to determine what we will be doing on the downloadable side.

TGR: Any chance of a retail release? When is it coming out?

EA: There will be no retail release and it will arrive in summertime.

TGR: Thanks for your time.

::BUNNY::

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

2nd January 2006

0 Uploads

159 Posts

0 Threads

#252 11 years ago

Bunny: What do you have to offer to the hardcore pc battlefield fans?

EA: We tried to do something new this time and introduce new features to the franchise like unlimited ammo, regenerating health and limited map amount.

Bunny: Good for you, you fucking spastic. BOOM!

Dukat

wasn't around for some years

50 XP

10th June 2004

0 Uploads

552 Posts

0 Threads

#253 11 years ago

::BUNNY::;4811445Bunny: What do you have to offer to the hardcore pc battlefield fans?

EA: We tried to do something new this time and introduce new features to the franchise like unlimited ammo, regenerating health and limited map amount.

Bunny: Good for you, you fucking spastic. BOOM!

You forgot to mention the massive amount of 24 players available per server. Brings gaming to a new level.

excitinguf5.jpg

Niebler

[130.Pz]A.Niebler

50 XP

2nd August 2006

0 Uploads

1,114 Posts

0 Threads

#254 11 years ago

YouTube - Battlefield 1943 Announcement Trailer

I was just about to make a thread about this :P Heres the video if you havnt seen it yet, havnt gotten through all 17 pages yet.

According to that interview it just seems like a non cartooney version of Heroes (Heroes = Europe, 1943 = Pacific, despite wake not happening in 1943...)

If its free, might be interesting to try, but thats about it :P

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#255 11 years ago

Niebler;4813107

According to that interview it just seems like a non cartooney version of Heroes

Less cartoony would fit better.

Niebler

[130.Pz]A.Niebler

50 XP

2nd August 2006

0 Uploads

1,114 Posts

0 Threads

#256 11 years ago

This is true :P I mean visually. Gameplay wise well, EAs hates realism :(

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#257 11 years ago

Meh guys, all i want is Hearts of Iron III, no creppy GFX, no stupid "Its 24 players only cos we made it for console.. ofc for the lulz lal EA ftw", Realistic _THATS_IMPORTANT_ and tibetans :D

[FBT] TannerTemp

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

50 XP

18th April 2007

0 Uploads

341 Posts

0 Threads

#258 11 years ago
torenico;4813165Meh guys, all i want is Hearts of Iron III, no creppy GFX, no stupid "Its 24 players only cos we made it for console.. ofc for the lulz lal EA ftw", Realistic _THATS_IMPORTANT_ and tibetans :D

tibetans wtf what do they have to do wit this im confused.:Puzzled:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#259 11 years ago
Niebler;4813107If its free, might be interesting to try, but thats about it :P

It's not free.