jumjum

Write heavy; write hard.

50 XP

11th April 2005

0 Uploads

6,827 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Saw today that an x pack is out with three (3! count 'em!) new maps for 2142. Included were Remagen Bridge and Battle of Leipzig.

They made me drool for the possibilities in FH2 (okay, so maybe they're compeltely different engines and it would have to be FH-2142?). Anyway, the thought of a Remagen Bridge FH map got my juices going. Infantry assault on the bridge supported by armor overwatch, defended by multiple mg nests, 88 emplacements. Then you've got the employment of engineers, defensive attacks by Stukas, Me-262s, gunboats, frogmen. As far as Leipzig (was there actual combat in Leipzig?) any urban combat at the end of the war jazzes me.

Which reminds me of the possibility of the Hungarian campaign/BudaPest battle as a possibility. Gives the mappers a chance to employ both the SS and King Tigers in a completely virgin theater of the war.

Coca-Cola

[130.Pz.]A.Aussen

50 XP

28th August 2006

0 Uploads

2,816 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago
jumjum;3510118They made me drool for the possibilities in FH2 (okay, so maybe they're compeltely different engines and it would have to be FH-2142?). Anyway, the thought of a Remagen Bridge FH map got my juices going. Infantry assault on the bridge supported by armor overwatch, defended by multiple mg nests, 88 emplacements. Then you've got the employment of engineers, defensive attacks by Stukas, Me-262s, gunboats, frogmen.

You can actually go under the water in 2142!? That's reason enough to port everything to it immediately not to mention the possibility of destructable people(as well as other living things) and area specifc damage for vehicles that gives me a hard on... I mean gets my juices going.

Moose12

I am also [130.Pz]Gef.Elche Pz

50 XP

6th December 2005

0 Uploads

4,456 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

There is litterally no water save for some pools in bf2142 so... lol

zuiquan1

Ore o Dare da to Omotte Yagaru

50 XP

4th March 2006

0 Uploads

1,322 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Im not waisting any more of my money....

jumjum

Write heavy; write hard.

50 XP

11th April 2005

0 Uploads

6,827 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago
Coca-Cola;3510161... I mean gets my juices going.

heh. And I don't know a thing about the water in 2142; I'm just fantasizing about the historically accurate possibilities. I assume that Moose12 is right and there is no new water movement possible in 2142. Is that right, Moose?

FatJoe

Terrorist

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

1,045 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

As far as the beta went, there were only the normal water movements.. swiming..

Moose12

I am also [130.Pz]Gef.Elche Pz

50 XP

6th December 2005

0 Uploads

4,456 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago
jumjum;3510943heh. And I don't know a thing about the water in 2142; I'm just fantasizing about the historically accurate possibilities. I assume that Moose12 is right and there is no new water movement possible in 2142. Is that right, Moose?

None, just swimming, and even in then it's no where near the scale of BF1942 or even BF2, hell te apcs now explode in water, I guess they took a technological step back in the future.

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

No, it had to be a part of new Geneva Convention, which's members decided to even the odds for those amphibia-less soldiers. Anyway, I still didn't buy Bf2142 and I'm not sure if I ever will.

Komrad_B

Score Monkey

45,850 XP

2nd September 2004

0 Uploads

4,500 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago
Included were Remagen Bridge and Battle of Leipzig.

I'm sure Remagen Bridge and Leipzig look a bit different in 2142 than they did in 1945. Knowing Dice's talent of historical unnacuracy, I'm pretty sure these map look nowere like the real places except in name ;)

jumjum

Write heavy; write hard.

50 XP

11th April 2005

0 Uploads

6,827 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago
Komrad_B;3511478I'm sure Remagen Bridge and Leipzig look a bit different in 2142 than they did in 1945. Knowing Dice's talent of historical unnacuracy, I'm pretty sure these map look nowere like the real places except in name ;)

No doubt their version would be unrecognizable in an FH setting. I guess I just lost my head when I started imagining how fantastic a FH2 Remagen Bridge would be. Also, any urban combat such as the Leipzig scenario, c'est magnifique! (And I still think my BudaPest map idea deserves a gold star.)

Somebody made and ul'd at Battlefield Files a FH-compatible Remagen a couple of years ago but IMO it wasn't very good. It focused on same old same old armor/infantry battles on flat plains on the eastern bank, and didn't involve the bridge, which was completely intact, at all really. Reminded me of a much more open Falaise Gap map.

pvt. allen:

No, it had to be a part of new Geneva Convention, which's members decided to even the odds for those amphibia-less soldiers.

Heh heh.