Did the Japanese offer a ceasefire in 1944?? -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

A guy on another forum I write on says that but I can´t find any information about it. Anybody heard of that?

Biiviz

Eggs!

50 XP

29th February 2004

0 Uploads

3,168 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

Even if they did, you probably won't find any evidence of it. If people found out that the war could've been ended without the use of the most devastating weapons of all times, they would be pretty pissed off.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago

yeah that guy on the other forum uses it as an argument for anti-american crap and I want to disprove him but I don´t know that much about the pacific war.

[130.Pz]W.Fuchs

Requiescat in Pace

50 XP

20th March 2008

0 Uploads

4,766 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

Dying in name of the Emperor was the greatest honor so why would you propose a peace offer? And if they did why didn't the Americans negotiated about it? If they could end the war with a simple ceasefire then they wouldn't used atom bombs, right?

Braun

www.the8tharmy.com

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

2,913 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago
.Invictus.;4571142Dying in name of the Emperor was the greatest honor so why would you propose a peace offer? And if they did why didn't the Americans negotiated about it? If they could end the war with a simple ceasefire then they wouldn't used atom bombs, right?

Unless they wanted to use them on real targets or there was something in the cease fire that wasnt right for the ami's.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 10 years ago

because they wanted a capitulation so there wouldn´t be a revenge-ww3. also I guess they wanted to liberate countires sacked by the japanese and in case of a ceasefire that would have been impossible.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

It was already decided at the Casablanca conference in 1943 that only an unconditional surrender would be accepted. Even if Japan had offered a cease-fire the US would have been forced to reject it. Though I seriously doubt the Japanese would even consider a cease-fire.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 10 years ago

Ah right the casablanca conference. I sometimes forget it did not just refer to germany.

JohnWalker

The Few. The Proud.

50 XP

14th November 2004

0 Uploads

2,330 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago

The Japanese didn't surrender after they got nuked, there's no way they'd offer a cease fire.

jumjum

Write heavy; write hard.

50 XP

11th April 2005

0 Uploads

6,827 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago

The usual revisionist crap - absolute fiction.