AegenemmnoN VIP Member

The cream of the crop

228,590 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

21,534 Posts

0 Threads

#11 14 years ago
Red MenaceSorry, it just came on, OMG F4 PHANTOMS IN FH2, EASTER EGGS!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

22 Raptor for the Americans if 4/5 flags are capped!

Red Menace

SCHOFIELD DID 4/30

415,760 XP

10th August 2004

0 Uploads

40,364 Posts

1 Threads

#12 14 years ago

OMG YES!

sigpic82523_3.gif</div></body></html>

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#13 14 years ago

No comment.

Mr.Panzerschrek

[130.Pz]Muller

50 XP

16th April 2005

0 Uploads

449 Posts

0 Threads

#14 14 years ago

lmao omg that was a good laugh:lol:

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#15 14 years ago
MatheisI saw a show on history channel today called dogfights and they showed FH 2 game and BF 1918 game and the ME-109 was fighting the P39 mustang and the P39 won and shot down the ME. The reason why ME lost cause he lost airspeed as he flu higher altitude his plane stalled he crashed down the p39 mustang had a more powerfull engine and was able to climb higher before stalling so he went down and got behind the ME-109 metermit and shot it down right in the middle of the cockpit black smoke came out it crashed into the trees.

Beer isn't enough Donuts, take away the LSD as well. This kid is trippin'. By the way how is .68? You lucky, lucky man! The P 39 has an unsupercharged Allison engine, which meant that just about anything, at least in the ETO, could outclimb it. The P 51 Mustang had a Rolls Royce Merlin engine, supercharged. If the Yank fighter shot down a Messer in a climb, then it has to be the Mustang, and not the Airacobra. This is seriously the most disturbing drivel I've heard this side of the spam forum, no offense Aeg and Red, I wub you. One would think that even the History Channel dandies would know what designation the Mustang had.

Bikewer

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

17th October 2003

0 Uploads

474 Posts

0 Threads

#16 14 years ago

I have noticed a couple of these History-channel produced shows using an uncredited game engine to depict dogfights and such. It looks pretty blocky, so I'm inclined to think it's Warbirds or something similar. Certainly not Oleg's material. I can't remember which segment it was, but the announcer did say "this video-game footage" in the description.

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#17 14 years ago

I have seen that same footage, but long ago. I recall someone using that really old game A-10 Cuba! to show the capabilities of the Thunderbolt II several years ago on the Discovery Channel show Wings. Oh yeah, and there was that History Channel show that used Rome: Total War to recreate ancient battles. Not bad, I just never had any battles in that game that felt so, well, real.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#18 14 years ago

It wasnt a P-39 it was a P-51B and IIRC the show was called "DOGFIGHT' and explores famous aeial combats. I thought this was supposed to be a new regular show. This was 2 hours long and covered 4 dogfights, all about American pilots. Hoprefully the show will branch out a little more to otehr countries. It had interviews with the pilots and then used some really good CGI to setup the scene and demonstrate the tactics used.

Some of the scenes were almost photo realistic quality CGI. Was quite good.

WW1 was about Eddie Rickenbacker in his Spad taking on 4 German D.7's and 2 recon aircraft, shooting down a D.7 and a recon aircraft, and getting away without even being damaged.

The WW2 dogfight was with Bud Anderson in his P-51B "Old Crow" and a Bf109G.

The Korean War segment was about Donald Blassie's dogfight in Korea outnumbered against MiG-15's.

The last was about Randy "Duke" Cunningham and Steve Ritchie in the F-4J "Showtime 100" and their dogfight in 1972 where he shot down 3 MiG's in one day and had his dogfight with a vey skilled pilot named supposedly named Majot Toomb or Major Toon flying a MiG-17.

schoolkid

your mother is a beaver

50 XP

3rd June 2004

0 Uploads

1,134 Posts

0 Threads

#19 14 years ago
NighthawkI'm pretty sure that was CG. LOL I didn't see it though. They would probaly want to get permissions from DICE to use it though so you would think there would be something on the BF main page.(FH and FH2 are both technically owned by DICE since they are created on their engine)

What do you mean, Forgotten Hope is owned by DICE? Are Medal of Honor and Call of Duty owned by id too, since they're both on the Quake III engine?