Safe-Keeper

Aw, c'mon Cyan, it's quality!

50 XP

28th September 2004

0 Uploads

1,225 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Anyone else looking forward to the First Strike mod for Battlefield 2142? It's a Star Wars total conversion that'll feature land and space combat, much like 1942's Galactic Conquest did. So far they've included the Rebels and Imperials, but there is concept art for Quarren as well. Will be interesting to see what they do with it.

sshot1_sml_hypatst9.jpg sshot1_sml_awingcockpit.jpg sshot1_sml_SENTINEL2.jpg

sshot1_sml_ig328.jpg sshot1_sml_airspeeder.jpg sshot1_sml_detpack.jpg

moty_3rd.gif A developer has stated that they found Galactic Conquest too "arcade-oriented" and that First Strike will be more realistic and teamwork-oriented. Sounds good. BF 2142'sengine should allow for some interesting new features, too.

The first release will feature practically exclusively content from the movies (ie. the Battle of Hoth, the Battle over the First Death Star, the Battle of Endor, and so on). Later releases will incorporate EU and very likely several scenarios made up by the developers and fans. There will very, very likely be larger ships to control, too, such as Carrack Cruisers, Corvettes, and Lancer Frigates, as well as space stations of various kinds.

Another promising aspect is that Jedi and Sith, as well as everything Force-related, including lightsabres, are completely absent from the mod. Good job, developers.

Seth_Soldier

"Mort aux cons !"

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

883 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

The guys from FS are the same who has done GC, shattered faith (which have split from the gc team to developp their team) has closed and joined again FS afaik.

I didn't buy bf2142, and certainly won't buy it even if i'm greatly interrested into FS (which will be the only mod of bf2142 in fact) unfortunately. But a good + for bf2142 owner.

Safe-Keeper

50 XP

28th September 2004

0 Uploads

1,225 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

A few (5, I think) of the developers are old Galactic Conquest and Shattered Faith developers (the latter looked very promising and I miss is badly). They're very skilled, and so is the rest of the dev team by the looks of it.

I haven't bought the game yet, but I almost certainly will when this comes out. It'll be the first time I buy a game for a mod (I was going to buy Half-Life 2 for the Empires mod, but never did).

I'm really looking forward to this mod. This and Forgotten Hope 2 will make my day.

Thorondor123

God Emperor

50 XP

21st August 2003

0 Uploads

661 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

The one and only reason to buy BF2142.

Flippy Warbear

One of Kelly's Heroes

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

2,600 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Of course I follow this mod, being a Star Wars fan and having the previous experiences with Galactic Conquest in many levels from playing it to actually creating it. So yeah, Im game when this beauty is released. Only reason I bought 2142 anyways.

Safe-Keeper

50 XP

28th September 2004

0 Uploads

1,225 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

EA should pay these people for upping the sales of their game;).

Google Video and YouTube: First Strike in action.

That Endor Bunker is going to be awesome.

Oh, and I'm going to live in this thing: sshot1_lrg_tiebomber.jpg