Anthony817

Battlefield Korea: Mod Leader

4,258 XP

26th September 2007

0 Uploads

403 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

Okay folks, here I have The notorious Visiontek Radeon HD 3870 X2 Video Card - 1GB GDDR3, PCI Express, CrossFireX Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HTDV, HDMI Support, Video Card! That was a grand name was it not? I must let you all see this wonderfull GFX card and help me judje the correct company to make said purchase from. I have the visiontek brand here, but was not positive if I should buy this brand or not... What would be better and make more sence? His, Saphire , Dimond, Gecube, etcetera. Check out this review vid, it plays UT3 at 141 FPS! CoD 4 @ 118 FPS! So this is truly a great card. Thanks guys for helping me make the right dicission here. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/b...bctid1413471452 p.s. I am looking to spend $445.00 + tax and shipping, so price dont worrie me much. Also I have heared from 2 different places that the length of this card varies from 10 inches to 13 inches? I only heared about the 10 inch length before the man stated 13 in this vid. I can harbor a 10 inch card perfectly, 13 inches is over a foot long, so I am in dire straights here!

Stefan F

Belgian ROFLs

50 XP

13th May 2004

0 Uploads

912 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

they use the same PCB but Daimond being a ( and i think only ) american brand gives you "better" costumer support case something goes wrong , but thats not from personal experience, only from reading others their experience.

Its safe to go with the cheapest solution , its the best card out on the market at a great price , have fun !

Anthony817

4,258 XP

26th September 2007

0 Uploads

403 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for the nice words. Yes I am checking with the HP support desc to make sure I can handel this beast! So, Dimond is the only contigual US manufactuer? I am sure that will be a deciding factor in making my purchase.

Anthony817

4,258 XP

26th September 2007

0 Uploads

403 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago
Stefan F

Belgian ROFLs

50 XP

13th May 2004

0 Uploads

912 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Retail is what i personally use , looks like that have a deal for it on newegg now also .

I personally think ZALMAN has the very best PSUs , i didnt get one this time since i ordered my whole rig at the same place , but they didnt have the zalman one , so i did some research and found out that corsair made very good PSUs also , and i can assure you its very quiet and very stable with a wide range of cable.

its still $119 though , if you can afford the zalman go ahead but i wouldnt go much cheaper on a PSU since its something most ppl save on while spending 4 digit number on a new rig , while it decides how stable and how far you can overclock your system , same for amount of hardware ( harddrives etc ).

have fun !

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago
Anthony817;4226864Okay folks, here I have The notorious Visiontek Radeon HD 3870 X2 Video Card - 1GB GDDR3, PCI Express, CrossFireX Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HTDV, HDMI Support, Video Card! That was a grand name was it not? I must let you all see this wonderfull GFX card and help me judje the correct company to make said purchase from. I have the visiontek brand here, but was not positive if I should buy this brand or not... What would be better and make more sence? His, Saphire , Dimond, Gecube, etcetera. Check out this review vid, it plays UT3 at 141 FPS! CoD 4 @ 118 FPS! So this is truly a great card. Thanks guys for helping me make the right dicission here. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/b...bctid1413471452 p.s. I am looking to spend $445.00 + tax and shipping, so price dont worrie me much. Also I have heared from 2 different places that the length of this card varies from 10 inches to 13 inches? I only heared about the 10 inch length before the man stated 13 in this vid. I can harbor a 10 inch card perfectly, 13 inches is over a foot long, so I am in dire straights here!

Thats not the name of the card, the name is 'Radeon HD 3870 X2 '. The rest of it is the features it has which companies put in the title to grab your attention.

Go for the HIS ICEQ version if you can as the cooler is much superior. I have the ICEQ3 version of the 3870XT and its ultra quiet and ultra cool.