jumjum

Write heavy; write hard.

50 XP

11th April 2005

0 Uploads

6,827 Posts

0 Threads

#51 10 years ago

I have not heard of his body having been found. IIRC he did jump out over wilderness.

sheikyerbouti

I spend enough time here

50 XP

11th April 2008

0 Uploads

814 Posts

0 Threads

#52 10 years ago
jumjum;4888723I have not heard of his body having been found. IIRC he did jump out over wilderness.

There was a funeral for the fellow and the CBC.ca newsite mentioned that there was a coroner's inquest but that they reserved judgment on the fellows passage to the great beyond. Due to a lack of evidence, the supposition was that of suicide but there was no documentation to prove the individuals state of mind at the time of death. So since he never left a note or told anyone of his distress, they couldn't make definitive ruling of the obvious cause. Chances are very strong that animals got to him (his body) well before any search parties did, so whatever was recovered couldn't have amounted to much anyways.

jumjum

Write heavy; write hard.

50 XP

11th April 2005

0 Uploads

6,827 Posts

0 Threads

#53 10 years ago

A funeral as with bodily remains, or more like a memorial service? If any physical evidence had been found on the ground I'm pretty sure it would have been news. I suspect no remains at all have been found.

sheikyerbouti

I spend enough time here

50 XP

11th April 2008

0 Uploads

814 Posts

0 Threads

#54 10 years ago
jumjum;4888961A funeral as with bodily remains, or more like a memorial service? If any physical evidence had been found on the ground I'm pretty sure it would have been news. I suspect no remains at all have been found.

Nunavut airplane death might not be ruled a suicide: coroner as of april 29, 2009 news report the ground search for his remains was called off.

N24Reporter

Betatesting FH2 is fun

50 XP

24th October 2006

0 Uploads

981 Posts

0 Threads

#55 10 years ago

I believe that's an important insurancy question. Suicides don't cash out for the family.

jumjum

Write heavy; write hard.

50 XP

11th April 2005

0 Uploads

6,827 Posts

0 Threads

#56 10 years ago

Okay, this guy "only" jumps from 6,000 feet. Sorry, that should be "jumps from 'only' 6,000 feet". But he survives. He did have a 'chute, but it was partially opened what looks like less than one second before he hit the side of a snow-covered mountain. He was filming another jumper for a movie stunt scene, and the first guy was supposed to signal when to open, but something went awry, and the cameraman suddenly realized he was mere feet away from hitting the earth. Neat vid which gets much closer toward the end. How fitting. Skydiver survives 6,000ft fall without parachute - Telegraph

stylie

Mas stylie por favor...

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

5,004 Posts

0 Threads

#57 10 years ago

Wow! I cant wait to see one of those guys try to land it without a chute, I think with a little frame work on the suit, it can be done.