FH Betatester

50 XP

29th December 2004

0 Uploads

1,437 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Did i just saw a Jap bailing!!! He sure wil be shot by his oficerstongue.gif

nice movie (Wait a minute! I just posted on the same topic on a diferent forum!) haha

Nigosky

FH beta tester

50 XP

28th July 2003

0 Uploads

617 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago
'[nlInvincible'] (Wait a minute! I just posted on the same topic on a diferent forum!) haha

the others guys here deserve to see this :D

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

I feel sorry for the poor bastards hauling ass off the beach...

Lupin

[ยน2ACR]

50 XP

26th July 2004

0 Uploads

1,259 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Overkill.

jumjum

Write heavy; write hard.

50 XP

11th April 2005

0 Uploads

6,827 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

One thing about the strafing runs made by the Mustangs over Japan as shown in these guncamera films, as opposed to numerous ones I've seen from ETO (mostly P-47D's): these Mustangs were going right down to the deck to get good results. The Jugs in Europe always seemed to come in at a steep angle and then start pulling up (and thus off target) at somewhere between 500 and 1,000 feet. These P-51 jocks were coming in at a flatter angle, and then sometimes went down to below 100 feet to put the hammer on shipping and parked aircraft. Impressive commitment to getting their targets. And as for the dogfighting, how about the Zero that seemed to flame as soon as the Mustang opened fire? BangbangWhhhooomp!

charlesbian

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

9th October 2005

0 Uploads

661 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

god bless american late-war air superiority

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,149 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,009 Posts

6 Threads

#8 12 years ago
jumjumOne thing about the strafing runs made by the Mustangs over Japan as shown in these guncamera films, as opposed to numerous ones I've seen from ETO (mostly P-47D's): these Mustangs were going right down to the deck to get good results. The Jugs in Europe always seemed to come in at a steep angle and then start pulling up (and thus off target) at somewhere between 500 and 1,000 feet. These P-51 jocks were coming in at a flatter angle, and then sometimes went down to below 100 feet to put the hammer on shipping and parked aircraft. Impressive commitment to getting their targets. And as for the dogfighting, how about the Zero that seemed to flame as soon as the Mustang opened fire? BangbangWhhhooomp!

Both has it's advantages. I guess if you dive down on a target your fire is more accurate as your guns are facing the same spot for a longer time. You can also get away quickly from AA-fire.

Low flying means that AA-guns won't see you coming, it is also easier to find targets and is practical when you are flying back home as you are conserving fuel.

Crazy Wolf VIP Member

Snipes With Artillery

277,420 XP

22nd March 2005

0 Uploads

27,192 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

I like low-flying, its also good if you have someone on your 6 and they are stupid enough to follow right behind you. Having a maneuverable plane then is good, fly right by a big rock, then turn (towards the rock) past it, the other plane will probably trry following, and smack into the rock.

charlesbian

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

9th October 2005

0 Uploads

661 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

i suck at flying. i always think up ideas that i think are clever and fancy and stuff. but it ends up getting me killed. i.e. flying low and fast (either the smarter pilot just climbs and dive bomb strafes me, or i hit a tree), weaving in and out of statics (i mouse and keyboard so i hit a tree) or i airbrake in an attempt to let him shoot past me (i usually then stall and hit a tree)