GOD111

I Am Teh God

50 XP

1st July 2004

0 Uploads

6,967 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

How many of you have played Red Orchestra? Is the game any good? This might seem as very retarded. But what game do I need to get to be able to play the mod, RO that is? Are there still people playing the game? I mean is the game popular? Thx for any answer:)

Big Lebowski

This is not nam

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,959 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

i have it.. it's a great mod with amazing sounds and realistic gameplay, though i always seem to fall back to FH after awhile..

you need UT2004 and the latest UT patch to play the mod. the mod have never been all that popular for some ood reason.. might be the realistic thing that turns people off.. but theres always a full server with about 25-30 people playing

GOD111

I Am Teh God

50 XP

1st July 2004

0 Uploads

6,967 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Mange tak;) UT2004 isn't very expensive now days. So I might just go and buy the game, I hope its worth it:)

Mr_Cheese

FH Dev

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,997 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

I think there was a thread (possibly in Off Topic) a while ago called something like FH vs Red Orchestra - that had many different opinions/criticisms in it... Personally I thought RO looked nice but then it got a bit boring, the player models seemed a bit unrealistic and the skins (esp the vehicles) weren't quite up to my (or FH) standards. There were many nice features though like only being able to fire LMGs when they were deployed on a suitable surface, fixing bayonets and the differnet modes for driving tanks - with hatches closed, hatches open or with them open and your head sticking out (I think). But yeah, RO and UT2004 are long gone for me now...