Pvt. Ryan

Rofl

50 XP

10th November 2004

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

post a l337 word and its many definitions word= pwned (slang for owned) definition= the state of being killed repetatively; killed in an absured or humorus way example= liek omgz i pwned joo wit my l337 tigre tanx!!!1

Braun

www.the8tharmy.com

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

2,913 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

what the hell is 1337 anyways i hear it all the time and have no clue please enlighten me NEVERMIND I KNOW WHAT IT IS NOW

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

What's the definition of postcount+++ smiliegojerkit.gif

Komrad_B

Score Monkey

45,850 XP

2nd September 2004

0 Uploads

4,500 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
Braunwhat the hell is 1337 anyways i hear it all the time and have no clue please enlighten me NEVERMIND I KNOW WHAT IT IS NOW[/QUOTE]1337 means Leet.. According to Wikipedia (the definition is SO good) : [QUOTE=Wikipedia] Leet (often also leetspeak or 1337), from the phonetic form of the word "elite", is a cipher, or novel form of English spelling. It is characterized by the use of non-alphabet characters to stand for letters bearing a superficial resemblance, and by a number of spelling changes such as the substitution of "z" for final "s" and "x" for "(c)ks". Leetspeak is traditionally used on the Internet and other online communities, such as bulletin board systems. Leetspeak is used by hackers, script kiddies, gamers and lamers.

example of leetspeak : liek omgz i pwned joo wit my l337 tigre tanx!!!1

Braun

www.the8tharmy.com

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

2,913 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

yah i get it now...i looked it up i knew it was leet just not what it meant

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Although "pwned" did originate from "owned", i consider it to have different meanings.

When i use "pwned", i use it in meaning of "pawned", as in a chess piece "pawn", meaning that the enemy/noob/friend got used up like a pawn.

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

'[SYN hydraSlav']Although "pwned" did originate from "owned", i consider it to have different meanings.

When i use "pwned", i use it in meaning of "pawned", as in a chess piece "pawn", meaning that the enemy/noob/friend got used up like a pawn.

This is the version of the origin that I heard.

"pwned" originated at one of the big Quake tournaments back in the late 90's. The guy who won the tourney typed "pwned" right before he made his winning kill and never noticed it. When he accepted his trophy they had his pwned screencap on a projection screen and he joked that he had every right to change the spelling of that word.

Pvt. Ryan

Rofl

50 XP

10th November 2004

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

hmmmmmm this is getting pretty interesting............

Nusentinsaino

A new sense of nuisance.

50 XP

8th December 2003

0 Uploads

12,881 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Raped: Definition of being owned/killed in a game. Example: "Help, im being raped!" n00b: Pronounced "Newbie" Definition of being a new player, or just plain stupid. Example: "Hurry the fuck up you n00b!" j00: Pronounced Jew. Another definition of "n00b". Example: "Comeon you j00s!" pwned: Another meaning of being Owned. Pronounced "Pawned" Example: See "own3d" own3d: Getting Killed by a mass of players or a Team getting killed by a skilled player. Example: "The team got own3d by 1 player!" L337: Orinignally came from the name of a Terrorist group in Counter Strike called "Leet Crew" Leet with two 3's and one 7 means you are God, or a skilled player. Example: "You are L337!" Ownz: Player bragging himself of being extremly skilled, Example "BAM! I ownz all!!" wtf?: abbreviative of "What the fuck" meaning the player is confused with the idiot's actions. Example: "WTF ARE YOU DOING??" omg/omfg: abbreviative of Oh My God/Oh My fucking God. Player in vain, anger about certain actions that happened. Example: "omfg, are you kidding me?" stfu: Popular abbreviative of "Shut the fuck up" Players use this to attempt to keep the idiot/n00b silent. Example: "Dude STFU, you are GAY" w00t: Popular word use of excitment or happiness. Example "w00t! we ownz all!"

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Not many people know that woot is not an exclamation reaction, but an abbreviation for "we owned other team"