rednas

I post to get attention

50 XP

18th January 2006

0 Uploads

247 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

The Landkreuzer P-1000 "Ratte" [COLOR=black]The Landkreuzer P-1000 "Ratte" (Rat) was to have been an extremely large [/COLOR][COLOR=black]tank[/COLOR][COLOR=black] for use by [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Nazi Germany[/COLOR][COLOR=black] during [/COLOR][COLOR=black]World War II[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. It was designed in [/COLOR][COLOR=black]1942[/COLOR][COLOR=black] by [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Krupp[/COLOR][COLOR=black] with the approval of [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Adolf Hitler[/COLOR][COLOR=black], but the project was canceled by [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Albert Speer[/COLOR][COLOR=black] in early [/COLOR][COLOR=black]1943[/COLOR][COLOR=black] and none was ever completed. [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]The 1000 metric ton Krupp P-1000 "Ratte", started construction but was cancelled before completion. It would have carried two 280 mm guns (mounted in the same type of gun turret used in [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Gneisenau[/COLOR][COLOR=black] class [/COLOR][COLOR=black]warships[/COLOR][COLOR=black]), a single 128 mm gun, eight 20 mm Flak 38 anti-aircraft guns and two 15 mm [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Mauser[/COLOR][COLOR=black] MG 151/15 guns. [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Weighing in at 1000 metric tons (a million kilograms, or 2.2 million pounds), the P-1000 would have been over five times heavier than the [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Maus[/COLOR][COLOR=black], the largest tank ever actually built. [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]It would have been equipped with six 1.2 meter tracks with three tracks per side. Its power would have come from two MAN V12Z32/44 24 cylinder Diesel marine engines with 8500 hp each or eight [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Daimler-Benz[/COLOR][COLOR=black] MB501 20 cylinder Diesel marine engines with 2000 hp each to achieve the 16000 hp needed to move this tank. [/COLOR] It was made to withstand a direct hit from a 500kg aircraft bomb!!! (why AA guns??) [COLOR=black]The primary armament was a warship-like turret holding a pair of 280 mm naval guns. One such turret was built before the project was canceled, and was installed in a coastal defense battery in Norway. [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]An even heavier device, the P-1500 "[/COLOR][COLOR=black]Monster[/COLOR][COLOR=black]", was in the very early stages of design when both projects were canceled. It was meant to be a self-propelled version of the [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Schwerer Gustav[/COLOR][COLOR=black] (or [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Dora[/COLOR][COLOR=black]) 800 mm siege cannon.[/COLOR] Now some eyecandy: ratte_800.jpgrattetacticallarge0ld.jpgp10006oq.png And his big Sister with the Dora gun (P-1500 Monster) monster02.gifmonster03.gifmonster_sketch4.jpg http://www.somethingawful.com/booklist/ http://www.somethingawful.com/booklist/downloads.htm (

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,149 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,009 Posts

6 Threads

#2 12 years ago

This has been posted a few times of course, but this part is new to me: "It was made to withstand a direct hit from a 500kg aircraft bomb!!!"

I thought even battleships couldn't withstand armor-piercing 500kg bombs, how did they want to armor this thing?

[CoUk]niu

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

12th March 2004

0 Uploads

2,110 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago
MrFancypantsThis has been posted a few times of course, but this part is new to me: "It was made to withstand a direct hit from a 500kg aircraft bomb!!!" I thought even battleships couldn't withstand armor-piercing 500kg bombs, how did they want to armor this thing?

Anything is possible on paper.:)

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

oh snap here we go

*flame retardant suit on*

Thorondor123

God Emperor

50 XP

21st August 2003

0 Uploads

661 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

But... there is a "ratte" in FH Here, take a look: ratte.jpg

oscar989

http://www.forgottenhonor.com/

50 XP

4th April 2005

0 Uploads

1,621 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

I don't think any of the maps are big enough for it.

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Actually steel-decked battleships and carriers could well withstand heavy aircraft bombs. Impact angle, whether it was AP or not and drop altitude played a pretty big role.

For example, off Okinawa, one of the steel-decked British aircraft carriers was hit bang-on by a kamikaze which left something like a 10" dent. Ow.

I'd hate to see this in-game, but those pictures are awesome, thanks! +1

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

And why would you want such a vehicle? So that you could rampage across the map, totally immune to enemy fire? What is the point? I don't understand those who want the Maus, E-1000, etc. But if the axis do get such an imaginary weapon, then the allies should get a real weapon. I can just see it now, the Ratte appears at the spawn point, no allied team members leave the base, bar one in a spotter plane, who calls out the map reference of the Ratte. The allied team hide in corners, avert their eyes from the terror that is too come. A blinding flash, followed by pressure waves. Game over. Allies win, one man in a spotter plane does it all. The A-Bomb

Dad, can we have an A-Bomb? Uh? Please Please..... Oh please Rednas. Think before you post. Let the flames begin. Hope you have a thick skin....LOL

The first major river it would come to, and bloop, never seen again! LOL

rednas

I post to get attention

50 XP

18th January 2006

0 Uploads

247 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

You don't have to take the "can we have it in FH2" to serious. The devs don't want to have the Maus so asking for the Ratte is useless. I just wanted to give you some nice eyecandy.

RexRaptor

V for Vendetta

50 XP

25th February 2005

0 Uploads

553 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Commander of the P-1000: I'll give you such an ass-whoopin'....next month, when this fucker gets there...BUT WHEN I DO! YOU BETTER COWER IN FEAR!