Mr_Cheese

FH Dev

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,997 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

The War and Peace Show, Beltring, Kent, South-west England.

This spectacular show is by far the largest peacetime gathering of military vehicles. 2005 saw over 4000 vehicles make their way to Kent from all over the world. Visitors from Poland, France and Russia are not uncommon at this spectacular event, many of them camping on the site with fellow troops. In fact, 15,000 people are expected to camp on site for the 2006 show. Visitors to the 2006 show can expect 5 days of non-stop action and adventure. Visit the living history camp to experience life as a soldier and browse the trade field where you'll find everything from uniforms and toys to parts for military vehicles. Tanks and armoured vehicles will be battling it out in the arena and the Miller Marquee is the place to be to enjoy 1940s music and fashion.

I'm going there on both Fri 21st or Sat 22nd July. Does anyone want to join me and a couple of others (my brother and pvt. Allen)? Maybe do a similar thing to the Overloon trip...? Here's the programme for Friday and Saturday, I've emailed them asking if they have more details:

Friday The first of the long days in the arena. Starting and finishing the day with the heavyweights. TANKS! Over 6 hours of Action packed arena entertainment Saturday Day four of the show, everyone wants to be in the arena; Tanks, Armoured Cars, Jeeps, Oddities and Battle Re-enactors - Careful planning keeps everyone happy.

So... anyone wanna come? :D

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

As I've said many times before, I'll be there whole the Friday.

oscar989

http://www.forgottenhonor.com/

50 XP

4th April 2005

0 Uploads

1,621 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

How come theres nothing that good near D.C.?:bawl:

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Excuses, excuses... do I look like a person who lives 15 minutes away from the show?:p

FatJoe

Terrorist

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

1,045 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

/me slaps Allen..

Pay for my airplane ticket to England, and I'll join you guys..

roterschnee

Vorwärts Kameraden!

50 XP

8th January 2005

0 Uploads

476 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Look carefully and you'll see myself and my kameraden in the arena on Saturday kicking some arse :D

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Steiner, got any photos of your group? or a web page?

roterschnee

Vorwärts Kameraden!

50 XP

8th January 2005

0 Uploads

476 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

I'm afraid we've not got a website yet, I'm still in the process of building it. I do however have some piccies, I'll send you some via PM :D

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Steiner seeing you take part it int you should bhe able to get away with a little bit more then the avarage guest not? I suggest you take a lot of pictures, especially of interiors. Taranov made a list for the things needed that may be on display there so you could request it (track down Allen and Cheese) and help them out aswell? Hint hint! ;)

PS: Check your PM inbox.

roterschnee

Vorwärts Kameraden!

50 XP

8th January 2005

0 Uploads

476 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Just got your PM Dönitz, I'll see if I can sweet-talk some of the vehicle owners into letting me take some piccies, I can't make any promises however, as I need to convince one of my housemates to let me borrow their camera first. Damn that reminds me, I've still not posted my pics from my trip to Bovvie, look out for a thread appearing on the OT board in the next couple of hours :D