Mr_Cheese

FH Dev

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,997 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

For anyone who's interested here's a bunch of high-res photos (click the names to download the rar for that category): - AEC Matador AECMatador.jpg I was unable to get inside this one but managed to do some pics through the window. - Austin K2/Y Ambulance AustinK2Ambulance.jpg Photos of two vehicles - one was painted green the other is in its original RAF colors. The interior shots are all of the RAF ambulance. It was interesting to see that the whole body of the vehicle was made of canvas and not just the cab covers. - Bedford MW BedfordMW.jpg Photos of two vehicles - one British (pvt. Allen has more pics) the other captured by the Germans in North Africa and fitted with 2 MG42s + 1 MG34. The British one had canvas doors until 1942 when they were replaced with metal doors. - Bedford QL BedfordQLSG-windscreen.jpg Photos of two vehicles - a Bedford QL GS and Bedford QLT (troop transporter). The QLT has an extended chassis and 3 benches running the length of the bed and its rear doors hinge at the sides instead of along the bottom. - GMC CCKW 353 GMCCCKW353-driversview.jpg Interior shots of one of the many GMC 353s at the show. The driver's view one is rather drunken I'm afraid... - SdKfz 173 "Jagdpanther" Jagdpantherontheroad.jpg A few exterior shots of this restored beast. It was great to see it in action in the arena! - Kfz 2 Stöwer Typ 40 Kfz2StwerTyp40-left.jpg Complex German car with 4-wheel steering. - Morris CS8 MorrisCS8desert-front.jpg Photos of 2 vehicles. Most of them are of a desert camo one that happend to be sitting in the road with no barriers around it. - Morris CS8 with 40mm Bofors MorrisCS8with40mmBofors-frontleft.jpg Morris Commercial with a 40mm Bofors mounted on the back. Note how the front seats fold down when the gun is deployed. - Opel Blitz OpelBlitz.jpg Only a couple of shots. As you can see pvt. Allen has the rest... - SdKfz 10 Demag SdKfz10Demag-frontright.jpg I tried to get as many of this one as possible despite the owners saying I must stay my side of the barrier... - SdKfz 250 SdKfz250-arena.jpg Another nice vehicle owned by SdKfz. I was only able to get a few photos though. For more go to www.sdkfz.com - SdKfz 251 SdKfz251camowithdust.jpg About five vehicles in this collection of photos. Some are the Czech post-war versions, the interior shots are of something that looked like an SdKfz 251 but I'm not sure what it really was. There's some more showing the vehicle in action in the battle in the "Other misc photos.rar". - German bicycles and motorcycles Germanmotorcycletroops.jpg Various pics of various bikes/motorbikes. There were many BMW R75 and Zündapp R750 sidecar combos at the show. - Misc German vehicles VWTyp87Kfersmall.jpg Including: 2cm FlaK, GAZ 69, Hanomag 13 Autobahn 1941, Hanomag K15 Rekord 1937, Horch 901 Kfz 15, Kübelwagen, Mercedes-Benz L3000, Opel Olympia, PaK 40, Schwimmwagen, SdKfz 222, SdKfz 247, Tatra(?), Steyr Typ 87 Käfer, VW Typ 87 Käfer and a T-55 pretending to be a Tiger I. - Universal Carrier UniversalCarrier.jpg Three vehicles here I think. Two standard Carriers and one rusty version with a Vickers HMG. This one had different gauges/controls inside and was wearing an Australian flag. Not entirely sure what it was... - Shermans ShermanFirefly.jpg Two types - 75mm and Firefly. - Other misc photos SASJeeps.jpg 34 photos of random stuff from the show. Jeeps, tanks, halftracks, reenactor camps, battles, guns... - Vietnam "Rolling Thunder" Vietnam-checkpoint.jpg Photos of the battle and camp done by the Rolling Thunder group of reenactors depicting the Vietnam conflict. TimwithM1Carbine.jpg pvt. Allen! Enjoy!

FatJoe

Terrorist

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

1,045 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Does pvt. Allen know how to aim with a gun?

otherwise, fantastic stuff.. wish I'd been there :S

oscar989

http://www.forgottenhonor.com/

50 XP

4th April 2005

0 Uploads

1,621 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Got any Hungarian or Italian vehicles in there?

Johannes

France's Bitch

50 XP

13th December 2004

0 Uploads

943 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Ah, and right behind Pvt. Allen is the P17, otherwise known as the Lee Enfield M1917, WW1 American rifle and the primary rifle of French forces after 1943.

snotvod

50 XP

26th May 2005

0 Uploads

1,658 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
FatJoeDoes pvt. Allen know how to aim with a gun? otherwise, fantastic stuff.. wish I'd been there :S

That's not too bad, my mother once put a rifles' but on her cheekbone to look throught the ironsight...:rolleyes:

FatJoe

Terrorist

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

1,045 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

lol.. yeah I know the type..

'You hold this thing like this?' "No babe.. that would dislocate your jaw, becaus of the recoil.. it might hurt.." 'oh ofcourse... :lookaround: ... what's a recoil?'

[SIZE="1"]-edit: 222'nd post! For the fun of it, I'm a try and bring up a new style of posting from now on.. until I reach 444.. [/SIZE] :p

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Cool photo's, though you should have one with Allen posing for the camera with any weapon. Now he's just "playing" and nto doing any though posing. :p

Omni

FH mod team member

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

423 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Love the text on the side of firefly - Revenge ("zemsta" in Polish). I wonder if the number is 2 due to the first sherman being blown up:p

However I see something wrong there. This firefly has m4a1 hull - afaik to fireflys were converted only m4a4's and m4 hybryds (m4 with welded-in cast front). Is the "zemsta" a post war kitbash?

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

FatJoeDoes pvt. Allen know how to aim with a gun?

otherwise, fantastic stuff.. wish I'd been there :S

Donitz is correct, I was just looking at it and playing around with sights, but I do admit that they proved to be quite tricky to aim through them, all other weapons were easy, the m1a1 somehow didn't fit.:p I wouldn't mind photo with the M1 Thompson though, the way you see weapon is somehow much more different than most other weapons in games.

Mr_Cheese

FH Dev

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,997 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

NickwithTommygun.jpg Not pvt. Allen (my brother instead) but being able to handle all those guns was great! The Tommygun was especially fun (cue gangster impressions). There was a lack of Garands, MP40s and StG44s though...