Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#11 13 years ago

Wow. Sexy beast! :naughty:

I would pass out if I would discover such a thing!

Bourkey

=2AIF= Bourkey

50 XP

24th July 2006

0 Uploads

442 Posts

0 Threads

#12 13 years ago

I think the looting of downed enemy vehicles was pretty common, both during the war and after. I mean partisans or just the local village souveniar hunters could have raided that. But me personally, I'd like to think he walked off, retired before he got killed and lived with many grandchildren to tell the story ;)

[nl]Invincible

FH Betatester

50 XP

29th December 2004

0 Uploads

1,437 Posts

0 Threads

#13 13 years ago

Like going back in time.

Admiral Donutz;3277757Wow. Sexy beast! :naughty: I would pass out if I would discover such a thing!

I would hug and kiss it!:naughty: The plane is in damn good shape, Would be good for restoring? I think that you have loads of places in russia where nobody have ever been yet?:cool: Love it, great find!

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#14 13 years ago

That 190 was found in 1990 and is already under full restoration.

The instruments and some parts are missing because a retrieval unit was sent to asses recovery of the plane but found it too badly damaged to bother with, so took some parts out and left the aircraft. The door on the side thats open leads to spare tank at the back originally meant to house the MW50 tank or secondary fuel tank. It might have broken open on landing.

If your interested in an FW190 restoration, check out the white one foundation. They intend to get a fully working A8 back in the air with its original BMW801TS power egg. These newly manufactured FW190A8/N's ironcially use the same engine as the La7. The new Dora will use a Rolls Royce Allison V1750.

craka)(craka

Stack it high, tough guy!

50 XP

9th January 2005

0 Uploads

566 Posts

0 Threads

#15 13 years ago

Guys, I just started reading this book. The Triumph and The Glory, and one of the main characters pilots this plane. How crazy of a coincidence is that?!