Phazon

Quick, to the Petercopter!

50 XP

5th November 2005

0 Uploads

133 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

If I had the cash, I'd run out and buy one now. ;) I'm actually waiting for direct X 10 compatiable video cards. No point running out and buying a brand new card when it can't support next-generation graphics engines properly.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Ah that would be the X1900XTX with sapphires custom water cooling. It looks neat and is a clever idea but it costs quite abit more than a normal XTX which in itself is not worth buying over a XT. I have a X1900XT and i've not met a game my card could not handle maxed out but if I was in the market for a new card and I was planning to do water cooling for the entire system I would probobly pick this up just to save some time and effort.

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

This is very nice card indeed. I realy like it's cooling system. Ofcourse I am rather nVidia fan so I would go for their cards anyway, but this one is still great. As for the case of Dx 10, it seems like it is already supported by cards, for example newest nVidia 7900 are offering full service of Windows Vista wich most likely also means new Direct.X. Still, there is no software to use their technology. Also I wouldn't call it next generation, this name is just stupid in any case, it's just new pack of effects with new structure - another step foreward, not a revolution in the craft imo.

Phazon

Quick, to the Petercopter!

50 XP

5th November 2005

0 Uploads

133 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

If I was to buy a X1900 XTX, it would be this one. :) mk0603003_A520_IceQ3_s_500.jpghttp://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=226&view=yes

Yossarian

Moose frots Obama

50 XP

28th March 2005

0 Uploads

1,768 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

I have an XTX :)

It's easier to justify the purchase when it was a present :D

Polska

"The original one"

62 XP

19th September 2004

0 Uploads

5,969 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago
pvt. AllenAs for the case of Dx 10, it seems like it is already supported by cards, for example newest nVidia 7900 are offering full service of Windows Vista wich most likely also means new Direct.X. Still, there is no software to use their technology.

That's because Vista will also work on DX9 Cards with DX10, but you need to have a DX10 card to fully utilize Vista DX10 capabilities.

Bacicly any card is vista ready as long as it can run DX10, doesn't have to a specific DX10 card.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,579 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,982 Posts

6 Threads

#8 12 years ago

I wouldn't buy a DX10 card unless there are games on the market which actually support this technology. Usually it takes a bout a year from the release of a new DirectX version before they are really used in games and during that time the price for the initial DX10 cards decreases because of other versions with more RAM or a faster chip.

I also got a 1900XT. It's a really nice card, especially if you get a different fan (the original fan is rather loud).

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago
polskaThat's because Vista will also work on DX9 Cards with DX10, but you need to have a DX10 card to fully utilize Vista DX10 capabilities. Bacicly any card is vista ready as long as it can run DX10, doesn't have to a specific DX10 card.

Well, Microsoft has a contract with nVidia, hence the newest GeForces are supposed to fully support it, possibly with Dx10 too, but it's absolute trouth that even if this support is useless due to lack of programs and gpu power. I have 7900GT wich is one of those cards, but I haven't bought it for Vista, but just because it's very good card for quite reasonable price imo.

Polska

"The original one"

62 XP

19th September 2004

0 Uploads

5,969 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago
pvt. AllenWell, Microsoft has a contract with nVidia, hence the newest GeForces are supposed to fully support it, possibly with Dx10 too, but it's absolute trouth that even if this support is useless due to lack of programs and gpu power. I have 7900GT wich is one of those cards, but I haven't bought it for Vista, but just because it's very good card for quite reasonable price imo.

That's just one of the catchy titles they get you buy, there isn't a card ( unless probably really old )that won't be able to run with DX10, so you will be able to run DX10 and vista without any problems, just as you did with DX8.1 card running DX9.

To make full use of Vista's full capabilities, you are going to have to get a DX10 card.