Frederf

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

2nd March 2004

0 Uploads

2,156 Posts

0 Threads

#11 14 years ago

The priest could get ammo switching for low/high powered shots.

Pickerel

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

159 Posts

0 Threads

#12 14 years ago
mrchee cleaning_gun.jpg

Ooh... me likey.

Bachmann

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

21st March 2005

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#13 14 years ago

the atlantic wall defguns could reach the edge of england they need full power

Nuggetman

My Face is on Fire?

50 XP

21st January 2005

0 Uploads

341 Posts

0 Threads

#14 14 years ago

Someone cloud spotting the tanks at the start of the game would be awful, especially for clan matches. The english would lose before the game began.

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#15 14 years ago
NuggetmanSomeone cloud spotting the tanks at the start of the game would be awful, especially for clan matches. The english would lose before the game began.

Been there, done that. It's not as effective as you'd think against experienced clans. The spawnpoints are scattered around axis base and you've got like 1/5 chance to spawn next to the defgun. Even if you spawn next to it, it's about one or two millimeters whether you'll hit the beach or not. The grenade flight time is another issue too. Most times the players can easily get off the beach before they are hit. The tanks are not easy at all to destroy either, not to mention hit. The splash does almost no damage and they are next to impossible to hit from that range, as even the slightest movements of the gun move the line of fire ten meters to other direction. You should try it yourself. You also have just one shot, you miss and everyone's got off the beach already.

It can however be pretty effective against infantry - I remember killing half of their team with one shot when I got a perfect spawnpoint and shot at the trucks.

Arisaka

Staff suffers from PCD

50 XP

16th August 2004

0 Uploads

1,495 Posts

0 Threads

#16 14 years ago
FrederfThe priest could get ammo switching for low/high powered shots.

sounds like a great way to deal with it. in BF we can't fire vertical with medium+ powered guns, as the projectiles die when they hit the roof. (at least that's my experience.) if this is implemented for most artillery, even high-powered artillery can be effective at short range, yet not lose their unique long range ability.

i don't remember if the flak 36 has got that kind of a switch on one of the maps, i only remember it having a trajectory. would be nice to have on ships too (and that's probably also the most realistic place to have them).