-[PPC]-Blizzard

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th February 2005

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Before i will starting to talk i want to say that this have been suggested a couple times for now, and that the DEV's are already busy with all kinds of stuff, and that this is an suggestion SO PLZ DON'T START COMPLAINING IF IT BOTHERS YOU. As the most of you know, FH got 2 (smaller) WW2 countries added. These are Polland and Finland. But what about denmark, holland, belgium, Jugoslavia, and more eastern europe countries. They did deliver some fighting to. For example Germany had a really hard time against Jugoslavia, And Holland Did fight Germany as well as Japan(what can make some extra non-USA pacific maps). Sure i totally agree if some of u say that, those countries didn't do much back then. But the whole point is ''WHY IS IT ALWAYS USA, UK, RUSSIA, etc etc''???? sure they must be in the game, but there are more then enough maps with these examples. Canada was a good step in a not so known WW2 country direction, they fought alot in west-europe, but only 1 friggin map:mad: . and that map is Caen, wtf Caen, it was mainly UK fighting over there. Canada deserves alot of maps, mainly in Holland. But to come back upon the smaller countries, my view is this, if game-developers/modders etc, keep on sticking with UK, USA, and stuff WW2 games are really getting the same. And for the devs, i know you're short on manpower and time, but plz think about this suggestion. thank u for reading:)

Nederbörd

Has mutated into a Lurker

50 XP

13th March 2005

0 Uploads

1,848 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

One word: Iraq.

shappenfit

sh*t happens, f*ck it

50 XP

12th January 2005

0 Uploads

666 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Dont forget Micronesia. They fought just as hard as the rest of them! Add them to FH!!1 Look, It'd be nice if we had those countries, but they arent a priority. Not even close to one. Can you imagine the file size if the devs added every single country that fought in WW2? Let the devs concentrate on the main combatants. They are the ones that matter the most.

Mp5-Killa

FH Betatester

50 XP

20th April 2004

0 Uploads

1,161 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago
Canada was a good step in a not so known WW2 country direction, they fought alot in west-europe, but only 1 friggin map:mad: . and that map is Caen, wtf Caen, it was mainly UK fighting over there.

Eh? (excuse the pun ...) Sure Operation Goodwood and all those other armoured breakouts were British armoured divisions but AFAIK (Correct me if i'm wrong) it was mostly canadian infantry divisions actually inside Caen. Also, in my opinion and many others the Devs should really concentrate on just getting all the current armies up to scratch. I mean if they were going to do what you said they'd have to make: Dutch, Belgian, Croatian, Romanian, Hungarian, Indian, Chinese Nationalists/Communists, Brazallian, etc. etc. It would just be ridiculus. Better to have the main countries that fought and get most of their equipment (I'm not saying the other countries didn't have a large part in the war - i mean for instance i beleive something like 70 percent of the Japanese land army was based in China.

Meadow

You might very well think that

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3,000 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

See my sig.

-[PPC]-Blizzard

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th February 2005

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago
shappenfitDont forget Micronesia. They fought just as hard as the rest of them! Add them to FH!!1 Look, It'd be nice if we had those countries, but they arent a priority. Not even close to one. Can you imagine the file size if the devs added every single country that fought in WW2? Let the devs concentrate on the main combatants. They are the ones that matter the most.

you with your micronesia:uhm: my point is don't you get f*cking tired of that garand? or thompson. and i maybe wrong here, but if you mean main combatans wtf is doing polland in the mod, and finland(i like those countries alot to play with)nothing against those countries. just making some examples. but there is so far i know a holland mini-mod is in the make, which could make the work for the devs less. and for the main combatants, they are making maps half of the FH-players didn't even knew some maps even exist, for example valirisk..... i have searched so many historical books and websites....... nothing found nothing, they kinda have all the possible maps. and i think it's kinda all...... what's left, but canadian maps in holland i miss, italy, monte cassino, battle for cherbourgh, the battle of anzio, palermo, 6th june paradrops, northern-germany battles. so another point here why making maps hardly any1 knows about, then the more well known battles,

-[PPC]-Blizzard

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th February 2005

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

mp5 killa, i respect your opinion, but don't we have kinda all the equipment?:D but Croatian, and indians(indians maybe fought) but croatia was kinda givin away by england and stuff, nothing much left for Croatian itself to defend. and meadow, it's a frigging suggestion!!!!!!!!!! so plz accept what i love to see in a game and not ty

Nederbörd

Has mutated into a Lurker

50 XP

13th March 2005

0 Uploads

1,848 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

Hmm, why don't some skilled modelers, skinner and coders get together and make some third party work of their own country and then add it to FH. Would surely save the devs a lot work. A great exampe is master-t, he's been working on Hungary for a few months now, and he's been coming along pretty well. So don't be suprised if Hungary shows up in 0.7.

Flippy Warbear

One of Kelly's Heroes

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

2,600 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago
NederbördHmm, why don't some skilled modelers, skinner and coders get together and make some third party work of their own country and then add it to FH. Would surely save the devs a lot work. A great exampe is master-t, he's been working on Hungary for a few months now, and he's been coming along pretty well. So don't be suprised if Hungary shows up in 0.7.

Dont know about Hungary coming as in official country but as an addon. Just like Norway came with Norwegian Resistance. :) I've been thinking of making some more finnish maps with new statics etc. But atm there is only one map in the works... Went a bit off-topic so I'll drop the subject.

azndethman

50 XP

6th December 2004

0 Uploads

285 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

i would love 2 c some USSR vs. Poland maps