Zum Totschlagen

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

8th September 2007

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

For the love of Allah (pbuh) can you eventually include the FH1942 version of Arnhem in FH2. But without the swimming across after jumping from the bridge, hitting the water at ~80mph with a full kit on and not dying/drowning. Camping that bridge with a PIAT was the best thing ever.

It's Happy Fun Ball!

aka Killed in First Minute

50 XP

21st October 2005

0 Uploads

1,297 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Camp the rivers edge on the British side with a Bren gun. I always do it and pick off those would-be rambos as they come out of the water. You also get a nice shot at anyone on the south side of the bridge.

Zum Totschlagen

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

8th September 2007

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Well my copy of BF1942 is broke so I can't. Though I always used to use a Willy jeep instead.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

For the love of all that is holy I hope not. =p

Anf for two reasons: - Town layout - Location of Germans (need to start at the north surrounding the British perimeter trying to clear the bridge and go south to Nijmegen to hold allied XXX corps).

MapBdg.jpgPicBridge.jpgPicBridgeWreck1.jpg

Arnhem, Arnhem, Arnhem, Arnhem, Arnhem, Arnhem, Arnhem, Arnhem, Arnhem, Arnhem, Arnhem, Arnh *passes out*

Oh I suggest to read Defending Arnhem © 2007 , 10 years marketgarden.com - 3rd revision , 2nd Battalion Monday and The Battle of Arnhem Archive ;)

[79th]Sgt-D

Netdahe

50 XP

6th May 2006

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

It's funny to see how everybody use to treat the swimmers on Arnhem I use to grab the K98 sniper on the third flag, and hunt the Jerries from the left flank, including the dumb enemy sniper you could find everytime on the bridge's structure

FeelFree

[130.Pz]M.Frey

50 XP

15th September 2006

0 Uploads

5,610 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

After seeing "A bridge too far" i fell in love with Arnhem and i havent played any other map on SP since. I hope the Nijmegen will be made in FH2.

I hope that the germans will get less tanks and the brits will get a para spawn or an uncapturable spawn in the north so that the game wont become into a rape for the british:/

Pietje

People say I post too much

50 XP

14th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,454 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago
FeelFree;3997152I hope that the germans will get less tanks and the brits will get a para spawn or an uncapturable spawn in the north so that the game wont become into a rape for the british:/

I dont really see a point in giving the Germans less tanks unless you replace them by something else. There werent that much tanks on the Arnhem map and most of the time that i played the Arnhem map the British had little problems dealing with the German tanks. Besides, the Germans did have a fair number of AFV's at/near Arnhem IIRC. Although, i wouldnt mind seeing more armoured cars for the Arnhem map though. Apparantly there where a certain amount of captured Panhard 178's used near Arnhem during Market Garden so that would make for a nice addition for a Arnhem map.

Duke of Holland

:o)

50 XP

4th July 2005

0 Uploads

1,205 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

I knew someone would reply to this thread :p

General_Henry

Veteran Tanker

50 XP

29th April 2006

0 Uploads

1,699 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

i would like to see a bigger bridge so the tanks don't stuck there forever, the Germans got lots of tanks, but only 2-3 are actually fighting, how sad, and many times the tanks get bumped to half strength, so a extra PIAT hit would kill it.

jumjum

Write heavy; write hard.

50 XP

11th April 2005

0 Uploads

6,827 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago
Zum Totschlagen;3994902...can you eventually include the FH1942 version of Arnhem in FH2....

Admiral Donutz, along with Duke of Holland and other Nederlanders, has been working on an Arnhem map with a view toward making it historically perfect. It promises to be so magnificent, so awesome, so much better than anything that has come before, that it will indeed be the "The Killer (M)ap".