Gauntlet

Dead rather than Red!

50 XP

26th April 2004

0 Uploads

4,346 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I just saw this thread about FH/Devs/whining/contuctive criticism. Someone there (dont remember who it was:rolleyes:) suggested a Jabo version of the Bf 109. I think this was a realy good idea, and decided to put up a thread on the suggestion forum, to see what the devs mean about it. I dont think it would be a hard thing to make, just use the standard Bf 109E model that is currently ingame, and either add a single SC250 bomb under it, or 4x SC50 (is it possible to drop two-and-two?). And a "primary" weapon, u should either use 2x 20mm wing guns, or just 2x 7.92mm MGs (although it could be to light armament to do any damage). Well...what do u think? :)

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

What does Jabo mean? A bomber conversion?

Gauntlet

Dead rather than Red!

50 XP

26th April 2004

0 Uploads

4,346 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

JABO = JagdBomber, so yes, a fighter-bomber.

Myrddraal

Search function? Where?

50 XP

28th April 2004

0 Uploads

669 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

That would be great the germans could really use some effective airpower. Don't get me wrong the Stuka is awesome but it's one bomb bombload takes away alot from it's tank busting power and of course it is plane bait if an allied fighter bomber or strait fighter is in the area.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I dont think the Stuka lacks in tank busting power. I have been knocked around and killed like a baby seal by Stuka's many times.

I like the idea of a Jabo but I also fear the idea.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Stukas are bait. They hit hard, IF they hit. They can't outrun, out-turn, or out-climb anything and they definately can't outgun a fighter or an AA position. Germany needs a Jabo BF109.

And that was me who suggested it in that thread :P

If it weren't for ridiculously maneuverable fighters with bombs then this wouldn't be an issue. What would YOU rather have?

1 Stuka with 1 250kg bomb and useless 7.92mm nose guns, or a Hurricaine MkII, with 20mm cannons and 2 250kg bombs, that can outturn and outclimb and outmaneuver and outgun a Stuka?

That's my point. Stukas don't suck by themselves, but compared to any other light bomber besides the Defiant, they are a joke.

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

4th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
OhioanStukas are bait. They hit hard, IF they hit. They can't outrun, out-turn, or out-climb anything and they definately can't outgun a fighter or an AA position. Germany needs a Jabo BF109. And that was me who suggested it in that thread :P If it weren't for ridiculously maneuverable fighters with bombs then this wouldn't be an issue. What would YOU rather have? 1 Stuka with 1 250kg bomb and useless 7.92mm nose guns, or a Hurricaine MkII, with 20mm cannons and 2 250kg bombs, that can outturn and outclimb and outmaneuver and outgun a Stuka? That's my point. Stukas don't suck by themselves, but compared to any other light bomber besides the Defiant, they are a joke.

its only fair the germans get their fighterbomber.. But i forsee terrible games of El-Al from now on.. heck, every desert map. Those fighters swoop in and are gone before you know it, driving around in a tank will be more futile then ever. I have a strong disliking for the flyboys that bomb the shit out of everything all the time, tank mg's are useless against planes.. why are there so many planes per map? is it even a realistic ratio? Can we *please* force pilots to land, get IN the hanger before they reload.. ffs :mad: Of course the axis always got a whooping, and im only complaining now. But thats because i think its the best time bring this up..

Lateralus

Ad astra per aspera.

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

441 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I'd rather see a bomb-carrying FW190 and have the 109 remain a pure fighter. Jabo 109s weren't that common.

Myrddraal

Search function? Where?

50 XP

28th April 2004

0 Uploads

669 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I agree with the fighters raping the tanks on desert maps . . . . . all that means is on the desert maps people need to use the mobile AA. Fighter cover doesn't work because they can't see far enough to take out bombers before they can bomb your tanks but having some mobile AA with the tanks does work.

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

4th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
MyrddraalI agree with the fighters raping the tanks on desert maps . . . . . all that means is on the desert maps people need to use the mobile AA. Fighter cover doesn't work because they can't see far enough to take out bombers before they can bomb your tanks but having some mobile AA with the tanks does work.

Bofors are great, with the splash damage and all.. But the axis AA seems crap, or is that just me? And being that mobile AA has no armor, a short mg burst from a plane will kill it :uhm: