Lordbutter

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

8th June 2004

0 Uploads

350 Posts

0 Threads

#91 16 years ago
mondogeneratorGiven the flight models are completely unrealistic anyway I don't think it would make much difference.

Exactly mondo..they are unrealistic.....so if we take what we have now, code it down for a bomb, all we are left with is a Stuka with a different Graphic. So why bother.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#92 16 years ago
LordbutterExactly mondo..they are unrealistic.....so if we take what we have now, code it down for a bomb, all we are left with is a Stuka with a different Graphic. So why bother.

You spawn and run out onto the runway and you see a Bf109E-4B jabo and a Stuka. Both have a 250kg bomb on the center line and 2 x 50kg bombs under each wing.

Which one do you think most people will take? The Jabo because you can bomb and dogfight? Or the Stuka which becomes a slow moving target if enemy jabos are around because they dont suffer any performance penalty for carrying bombs.

MrFancypants Forum Administrator

The Bad

218,722 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,060 Posts

12 Threads

#93 16 years ago

Anlushac11

If the game engine could suport both flight versions then it becomes necessary for a fighter bomber to jettison its bombs in order to defend itself meaning that the interceptor performed its job, the bombs did not arrive on target.

Like I said, as long as it is not possible to code the change that occurs when you drop your bombs you should just use a changed code for the Hurricane all the time. It's not that bad anyway as you can pick up new bombs in a matter of seconds after you jettison them, so this complicated coding would affect perhaps 10 seconds of gameplay.

Gauntlet

Dead rather than Red!

50 XP

25th April 2004

0 Uploads

4,346 Posts

0 Threads

#94 16 years ago
Anlushac11You spawn and run out onto the runway and you see a Bf109E-4B jabo and a Stuka. Both have a 250kg bomb on the center line and 2 x 50kg bombs under each wing. Which one do you think most people will take? The Jabo because you can bomb and dogfight? Or the Stuka which becomes a slow moving target if enemy jabos are around because they dont suffer any performance penalty for carrying bombs.

Actually...the Bf109E-4/B didnt have BOTH the SC250 AND the 4x SC50 bombs, they have too choose between them acording to different mission. Later (very few '109) models could carry a SC500 bomb. :)

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#95 16 years ago
GauntletActually...the Bf109E-4/B didnt have BOTH the SC250 AND the 4x SC50 bombs, they have too choose between them acording to different mission. Later (very few '109) models could carry a SC500 bomb. :)

I was speaking figuratively, but yes you are correct.

Lordbutter

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

8th June 2004

0 Uploads

350 Posts

0 Threads

#96 16 years ago
Anlushac11You spawn and run out onto the runway and you see a Bf109E-4B jabo and a Stuka. Both have a 250kg bomb on the center line and 2 x 50kg bombs under each wing. Which one do you think most people will take? The Jabo because you can bomb and dogfight? Or the Stuka which becomes a slow moving target if enemy jabos are around because they dont suffer any performance penalty for carrying bombs.

Yes in the current system you are correct...but im saying if the devs actually found a way to code in reduced preformance 109's. If you saw a stuka in the runway carrying 3 250, or a reduced preformance 109 carrying 1, that might change your look on things...But also how much could they deprefomance a 109 in game...they drop it and all your left with is a 109 which preforms like a stuka. That is why im saying why bother.

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#97 16 years ago

Call me crazy, but the BF109E Jabo either carried one 250kg bomb, or 4 50kg bombs, not both types.