Lobo's Special Friend

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th November 2008

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#21 10 years ago

What I envision for Dieppe is a map like Bombing the Reich from FH1. The Germans would get flak like crazy and have 190s, 109s, 87s, and 217s along with a coastal defense. The Allies would have a larger air force with bombers and a lot of spitfires. Last you would have your invasion force with destroyer support. I think a map like I have described would be just insane.

Natty Wallo

FH2 LevelDesigner

50 XP

16th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,652 Posts

0 Threads

#22 10 years ago
Lobo's Special Friend;4827783 I think a map like I have described would be just insane.

Yea, insanely laggy... Your map would have: Ships, Planes, Landing scenario, town... you need far view distance for planes... This isn't realistic to make, and yet another reason why it can't be made like this... Nigosky, keep working on it, please prove me wrong - sometimes Im pessimistic or negative about map-suggestions, simply because often I feel the idea looks good on paper - or in peoples imagination - but the reality when making a map is different.

Hope you can make it, and configure it a way so its still playable... No one wants to make a town/landingbeach scenario which focuses on planes. It's simply not how you work, it will be hard enough to make this narrow landingbeach - which is also very deep (long) up to the town etc, it's Omaha in a tunnel - meatgrinders bottleneck hell. You want the germans to be able to see the beach from the town, so you need far view, which also means far view inside the town - which means lag.

First thing Nigosky, that you need to do is look at stuff to cut, to exclude... don't over-do it, keep it simple.. Hope you succeed. :)

Nigosky

FH beta tester

50 XP

28th July 2003

0 Uploads

617 Posts

0 Threads

#23 10 years ago

Natty Wallo;4827953

First thing Nigosky, that you need to do is look at stuff to cut, to exclude... don't over-do it, keep it simple.. Hope you succeed. :)

I am not the author of the map, Its a friend of mine

Unfortunately he stopped playing FH :(

Lobo's Special Friend

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th November 2008

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#24 10 years ago

Natty Wallo;4827953Yea, insanely laggy... Your map would have: Ships, Planes, Landing scenario, town... you need far view distance for planes... This isn't realistic to make, and yet another reason why it can't be made like this because often I feel the idea looks good on paper - or in peoples imagination - but the reality when making a map is different.

No one wants to make a town/landingbeach scenario which focuses on planes. It's simply not how you work, it will be hard enough to make this narrow landingbeach - which is also very deep (long) up to the town etc, it's Omaha in a tunnel - meatgrinders bottleneck hell. You want the germans to be able to see the beach from the town, so you need far view, which also means far view inside the town - which means lag.

:)

I understand what you are saying but after playing FH1 with the BF42 engine where all of those things were done, it is hard to stop wanting them. Some of the most popular maps in FH1 were Iwo Jima and Midway which had all of the things that I mentioned.

I do not see how you can make a map about a battle that was mainly an air battle and then not make the air battle the main part of the map. That would be like making a Midway map with no planes. Omaha beach with no landing craft. It just does not seem right.

Blood_or_guts

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd February 2009

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#25 10 years ago

they got slaughterd and were not alone they had rangers and british untis fighting with them 3/4ths caualtys

Alakazou

Jimmy Paterson's disciple

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

847 Posts

0 Threads

#26 10 years ago

Yeah like 50 ranger...

codename:masterchief

Me Does Not Post Much

50 XP

27th January 2007

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#27 10 years ago
SiCaRiO;4826031what is Dieppe? (waits death..)

You're American are you? Dieppe was a battle in France before the Yanks got involved in our European problems :deal: That map looks nice btw

Von Mudra

Lo, I am Mudra, za emo soldat!

50 XP

25th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,064 Posts

0 Threads

#28 10 years ago

He was joking, masterchief:P

[130.Pz]W.Fuchs

Requiescat in Pace

50 XP

20th March 2008

0 Uploads

4,766 Posts

0 Threads

#29 10 years ago

I believe he is from a Latin country, could be terribly wrong though. Spanish maybe?

Natty Wallo

FH2 LevelDesigner

50 XP

16th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,652 Posts

0 Threads

#30 10 years ago

Lobo's Special Friend;4828075I understand what you are saying but after playing FH1 with the BF42 engine where all of those things were done, it is hard to stop wanting them. Some of the most popular maps in FH1 were Iwo Jima and Midway which had all of the things that I mentioned.

I do not see how you can make a map about a battle that was mainly an air battle and then not make the air battle the main part of the map. That would be like making a Midway map with no planes. Omaha beach with no landing craft. It just does not seem right.

Iwo Jima and Midway were both made by DICE. (unless you mean Midway-1942 which was FH1)

My point was, if you make a city map, you place the action in the city, not in the air.... a city needs many statics, an air map needs far view distance.... if you do this, planes will start to lag when flying over the city. There are many more airmap scenarios, more interesting for air combat as well.... No mapper I know would sign up to create a Dieppe city invasion map, and then make it in to an airmap, it goes against all laws of leveldesign or logic.

Don't worry there will be many good planemaps coming, if airbattle is what you desire :)