RataMarsupial

Waiting for FH2 quietly

50 XP

20th December 2006

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

The question is: Could that be maden? That would be cool! I think this thing have been discused... But never heard the conclusion :=) PS: Did you like it?

Lt.M@rv

It feels so empty without me

50 XP

24th September 2006

0 Uploads

417 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

I think it doesn't mather.That plane is already great engough.

stylie

Mas stylie por favor...

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

5,004 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Well the only need for those tanks was to go on longer range missions. Ours will be what? 4 km squared? Not to mention you cant run out of fuel... as of yet, anyway.

Pietje

People say I post too much

50 XP

14th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,454 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago
stylie;3509540Well the only need for those tanks was to go on longer range missions. Ours will be what? 4 km squared? Not to mention you cant run out of fuel... as of yet, anyway.

As stylie said there is little point in making it droppable. For that matter fuel is something i hope the devs never add. Its kind of unrealistic within the small size of most FH maps. Not to mention refueling didnt happen during a battle, it was simply too risky to do so. I have no problem with forcing planes to land in order to reload but fuel? No, thanks.

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

It'd be cool to drop the fuel tank on someone else. Oh wait, bombs.. :-)

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,010 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#6 11 years ago

The average pilot would die long before he'd run out of fuel on a BF-map anyway. If you want more realism for planes you could think about adding overheating engines, engines that stop working during negative g-forces or something like that.

It's Happy Fun Ball!

aka Killed in First Minute

50 XP

21st October 2005

0 Uploads

1,297 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

Also the Germans never developed drop tanks for their fighters. Don't ask me why.

Pietje

50 XP

14th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,454 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago
Killed in First Minute;3509732Also the Germans never developed drop tanks for their fighters. Don't ask me why.

Actually, they did. See this link for various pictures of drop tanks. The Germans even developed a drop tank for the Fieseler 156 "Storch". http://www.luftarchiv.de/bordgerate/behalter.htm 300 liter zusatztank 300lnf5.jpg

It's Happy Fun Ball!

aka Killed in First Minute

50 XP

21st October 2005

0 Uploads

1,297 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

Well if they did come up with one, they never brought it into wide scale use. I specifically remember reading about this in some undergrad seminar. (I am pretty sure I can still find the source after work.) I know for certain they never used them in the Battle of Britain, despite the obvious need for them. As I recall the only historical comment I ever saw on this was that it was odd that they did not.

Pietje

50 XP

14th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,454 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago
Killed in First Minute;3509766Well if they did come up with one, they never brought it into wide scale use. I specifically remember reading about this in some undergrad seminar. (I am pretty sure I can still find the source after work.)

Apparantly droptanks where used by the Germans from 1941, first plane it was used on was 109 E-7. According to a thread i found droptanks where not exactly rare in the Luftwaffe. For that matter did you take a look at some of those interesting pictures of that website? http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=73425&highlight=drop+tank