Well i was playing some fh2 the other day and i thought "i love some of the models in this" but then i thought maybe some should be added. 1. I know its not to reaslistc but when a plane gets to probably about 3 bars of health you think you could make it burst into flames? maybe even spiral towards the ground. I cant imagine how fun it would be to watch your enemy fall to his doom. I know its possible but i dont know how to make it spiral. 2. Tanks. not really eye candy but when a tank gets down to like 4 bars of health it begins to flame and yet there is no health loss. could you fix this? and if possible could you make it so a tank looses mobility once it starts flaming? 3. Last one, the smoke on vechiles. could you make the trail abit longer? usally when a tank was damaged and smoking the smoke could bee seen from a considerable distance. could you do this? if you cant do any just ingnore. I would find it a great pleasure to see this added
Herr Ober, die Rechnung bitte
19th October 2007
Thank the lord, I guessed for another yankeeish "omg we need more blood!!!I!!CXI!!"-thread.
As I see it:
1. Maybe possible. I guess it was, back in Bf42, the mod xww2, iirc - they had really nice fire animations in stuff. But no idea how these things perform in bf2.
2. I think this is deliberate? When the tank has really, really few health (which rarely happens), the tracks used to break making it quite unpossible to maneuver. Haven't seen this in a time, maybe it has been patched away, as it was a lil bit glitchy. However, loosing health when below, let's say, 5% health, is not a bad idea, imo.
3. I think that's all about performance. Wouldn't matter anyway, as the distance from what the fume can be seen is rather set by the drawing distance than the size of the trail.
I'm not big on eye-candy, I like hearing the sounds of war more than the sights, but then again I can't wait till I'm 60 and they have devised a way to get fully volumetric and realistic smoke and fog. mmmmm the wet dreams await!
1. This happens when the plane has somewhere around 1-2 bars of health left. The engine cuts out and the plane drops out of the sky like a rock. Spiraling I don't think is possible on this engine.
2. Not possible on this engine. Was considered before, and didn't work.
3. This is possible and could be a good addition.
1. Planes already do this :P Maybe happening at a sooner point might make it apparent.
2. Tanks do this too, unmoveable however? No, they did originally in the release have the tank go wonky with the tracks destroyed but it was annoying and I believe it was taken out fast.
3. The longer smoke trails might lag some people :P But would be interesting. The static smoke already goes pretty high
the tank thing is completly possible. Talk to the guys at PR. They also made the helis loose control when to damaged. its quite intreasting.
I didn't make it!
Your first request is indeed already in. Sometimes, when planes get critically hit (generally by AA like bofors or vierling) the engine starts burning and they fall to the ground, leaving the pilot powerless That's what you can call being shot down in flames !
1. As had been said, planes already do this. Unfortunately, they do not spiral to their death (contrary to this video, where Fat Joe was feeling a little dramatic. I can confirm that engine does die (with or with out flames sometimes) and the pilot loses all control as his airspeed bleeds off almost instantly. If you're flying low, straight and level, you may be able to make an emergency landing, if the opponent doesn't follow through with their attack. Also, provided the opponent doesn't follow through, you may be able to bail out, however, it's useless unless you grabbed a pilot kit prior to flying.
2. I liked when the tanks lost all their mobility and got really hard to control once they got to low health. They don't anymore. Now it's almost impossible to kill Panzer III and IV's with sticky bombs because they haul ass out of there after 2 bombs. If their mobility was reduced like before, it would be more difficult for them to retreat, and they would have to be more cautious in urban zones. German tanks already have an advantage in close quarters combat vs infantry because they are all loaded with HE shells. British tanks aren't. Of the allied tanks, only the Sherman can compete in urban combat. Crusaders don't have HE AND are vulnerable to AT rifles, while the Grant can't maneuver its main gun well. The Stuart gets torn to shreds by AT Rifles. The Germans have the upper hand in urban tank combat and urban anti tank combat. One Gebault usually takes out any allied armor, when it takes several sticky bombs to blow a Panzer. I'm fairly certain thats accurate, but if the tanks had their mobility hampered by heavy damage like it was before, I think it'd be more accurate, after all, weren't the sticky bombs primarily for blowing the tracks off tanks?
3. I personally would like the wrecks of tanks to linger longer. They give good cover to infantry. The smoke thing is also a good idea. The only thing is, the devs have to cater to the whole player base, and not everyone's computer would be able to handle heavily smoking, long lasting wrecks.
Ok what I'd like to see as far as eye candy goes I'd like to see destroyed take burn from more than the engine compartment, I'd like to see fire coming outof the hate at the top of the turret fire bellowing out from the point of impact maybe fire coming from the turret ring etc.
destroyed take burn
You mean tanks? Adding smoke to the point of impact isn't possible unless its only for a few seconds. And on some tanks like the Tiger you'd end up with a whole bunch of smoke trails coming from the tank causing lag.