D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

-can't see shit most of the time because the point of view is behind the butt of the machinegun, add to that the flame effects that turns the screen yellow and you're blind. Can the point of view be changed to an ironsight mode like stug3g gunner or otherwise better view?

Von Mudra

Lo, I am Mudra, za emo soldat!

50 XP

25th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,064 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Yeah, it should be. Either way, the MGs are useless. They do almost no damage. Hell, in FH, it takes way to long to shoot a plane down. They really need to make the plane combat realistic, 4-5 20mm shell, and a plane is dead.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Well, too bad that the He111 defensegunners only fire 7.92mm bullets.....

Mr.Irritation

When pigs fly

50 XP

27th June 2004

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

You have to shoot the enemy planes in their engines to take them down, it's hard but not impossible. An the pilot has to keep from making to many strange turns.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago
Major HartmannWell, too bad that the He111 defensegunners only fire 7.92mm bullets.....

whatever

Skipster

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

29th July 2004

0 Uploads

1,068 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago
Mr.IrritationYou have to shoot the enemy planes in their engines to take them down, it's hard but not impossible. An the pilot has to keep from making to many strange turns.

Yep, that's what I find. Too many times (and this happens with Allied bombers too) the pilot thinks he can evade fighter attacks. Wrong. All that does is make the gunner's job harder. Even with a good pilot, most times you won't get a kill, and you will be heavily damaged by the fighter, but often you can drive the fighter off, and he'll look for an easier target. Of course, if the fighter makes high-speed runs instead of following you, you're likely screwed, but that's another story :D

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

the he 111s defensive weps were a big problem with it, in real life while they were satisfactory in early war they were next to useless later on.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

Not entirely correct. They did ok in spain and france, because there was no real figther threat. When encountering organized modern figthers over Britain, the He111 showed it's problems at once. @Dfens: My comment was aimed at vonMundra, I will look at the mgs later on.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

Well, still I think fighter planes could be a bit more vulnurable to small calibre fire.

Otherwise, plane combat seems good (ok, bombers could still be a we bit more resistant, but whatever).

The Ju88 for example has dual MG42 as a heck-gun. Now thats 30-40 7.62mm bullets per second which should shred any fighter to peaces in a matter of seconds...

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago
terminal-strikethe he 111s defensive weps were a big problem with it, in real life while they were satisfactory in early war they were next to useless later on.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Major Hartmann]Not entirely correct. They did ok in spain and france, because there was no real figther threat. When encountering organized modern figthers over Britain, the He111 showed it's problems at once. @Dfens: My comment was aimed at vonMundra, I will look at the mgs later on.

that is just exactly what I meant earlier. Spain + France ---> satisfactory early on. Britain, etc -->next to useless, so a big problem. I didn't mean it was big problem through out its carreer. THe flashing obscuring the view though can be annoying so I dunno maybe something can be done there. As for damage, I gues the mg42 is only for post 42 maps, but either way I think the damage is ok as they still go down with maintained fire. In a vs a combat even 1 seconds of sustaned fire can be hard though.