pheeph

A Lagomorphic Over-achiever

50 XP

16th March 2003

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

How about putting this plane in FH? It was said that the Heinkel He-100 can outperform the Messerschmitt Bf 109 and it was faster. he-100d-1.jpg

mArs

I post to get attention

50 XP

7th November 2004

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

No, senseless, sorry!

This plane never saw the battlefield and only 25 of this plane were built. Some were sold to Japan and SU (donĀ“t know what happen then with them).

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

neat plane, but does not bring enough to the table.... and there is a LOT of competition even in the niche of low-use german fighter aircraft. I suspect this would be on the back-burner for a long time unless some dev takes a fancy to it.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

This is one of my favorite German planes and was my vote to replace the Bf109.

My data shows only V1 through V14 were built and that about 5 were sold to Japan and the rest sold to Russia. The Kawasaki firm drew very very heavily upon the desiogn to build the Ki-61 Hien. Some of the He-100 features were later incorporated into the Yak series fighters.

There are many propoganda publicity photos showing the aircraft in what appears to be a squadron of He-112U fighters. The aircraft in the photos were the entire gfroup.

Unfortunately it never saw combat although it is rumored that a few showed up later in the war as factory defense fighters.

Von Mudra

Lo, I am Mudra, za emo soldat!

50 XP

25th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Actually, the He series planes saw much use by the Hungarians and Rumainians, if I am correct. It should be put in, if they ever get around to putting in those armies....

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago
Von MudraActually, the He series planes saw much use by the Hungarians and Rumainians, if I am correct. It should be put in, if they ever get around to putting in those armies....

"he" stands for heinkel, its not a "series". Ill assume though you mean the He 112 here, a significantly different predecessor to the 100. Only 24 were used by romania when they invaded. They could be used with spanish forces, who also got some. I haven't read of hungarian use though. However, the only thing the He100s were 'much used' for were for being reverese engineered by japanese and soviets for aircraft tech, and flying around for photoshoots masquerading as he 113s. There neat planes.. but there a joke for adding to fh- at least for a looooong time (i.e. never..). (unless of course if its donated, or a dev has the hots for it) EDIT- ok, came across some info on the he112 and hungarian use, only 3 planes though. No known combat with germany, or the ones exported to japan.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

Ahh He-113 was what I was thinking of. I always felt teh He-100 should have replaced the Bf109.

It had wide track landing gear so a major plus right from the start, at the time had the heaviest armament of any German fighter and carried more firepower than the Bf109 and without using gun pods. Had a larger enough range that they would have had a impact on Operations over southern England.

The He-112 was used by Romania, Spain, and IIRC Yugoslavia. Supposedly some He-112's were flown by Heinkel test pilots for factory defense. I know of a Spanish He-112 shooting down a US P-38 that wandered into Spanish airspace.

Hungary used a locally produced version of the Reggiane Re. 2000 Falco called the Heja and built by MAVAG.

General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

kawasaki_ki-61.jpg

Ki-61

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

General Taskeenkawasaki_ki-61.jpg

Ki-61

Please forgive me as I stop and stare lovingly at the Hien... my favorite Jap fighter of WW2.

Its very easy to see the influences the He-100 had on the Ki-61 Hien. cbHein-B_2.jpgki61ek_2.jpg

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago
Anlushac11Ahh He-113 was what I was thinking of. I always felt teh He-100 should have replaced the Bf109. It had wide track landing gear so a major plus right from the start, at the time had the heaviest armament of any German fighter and carried more firepower than the Bf109 and without using gun pods. Had a larger enough range that they would have had a impact on Operations over southern England. The He-112 was used by Romania, Spain, and IIRC Yugoslavia. Supposedly some He-112's were flown by Heinkel test pilots for factory defense. I know of a Spanish He-112 shooting down a US P-38 that wandered into Spanish airspace. Hungary used a locally produced version of the Reggiane Re. 2000 Falco called the Heja and built by MAVAG.[/QUOTE] I agree the 100 and perhaps the 112 were underated (well neglected is probably a better word), unduly so- even if they did have there share of 'problems'. I place it among the whole collection of designs that were probably 'the better choice' but got past over by the reich. Hmm, apprenty the spanish He 112s served till after world war 2 too. Romania , hungary, and spain I can confirm but not yugoslavia. The connection of heja to the 100 or 112 is dubious imo, at least with the airframe. The falco's were a copy of the sveserky p-35, and the engine the heja's had was a WM K14, with a different output (1000hp). Hungary just used actual 112s, only 3 planes though. [QUOTE=Anlushac11]Please forgive me as I stop and stare lovingly at the Hien... my favorite Jap fighter of WW2. Its very easy to see the influences the He-100 had on the Ki-61 Hien.

The heins engine's roots is no secret, the ha-40 engine was nearly a direct copy DB 601 which went straight into the 60 (and used in a number of aircraft inlcuding the 100). However, the airframe once again significantly different for the ki-60s series. Superficial visual comparisons tend to only offer marginal support for specific design heritage in aircraft. Heritage must be shown at a techincal level, and with specific cue's. In this case both airplanes share a general look that can be 'very easy' to see with many airplanes and not neccisarly ones potentially influenced by the he 100 or 112.