Hercules 3d Prophet III Ti 500, Windows XP and latest nVidia DetenatorXP drivers -1 reply

Please wait...

Lightning

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th July 2002

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Hi there,

I have a 3d Prophet III Ti 500 and Windows XP. On upgrading to any version of the nvidia DetenatorXP drivers beyond version 23.11 I am experiencing problems.

Windows itself is fine, as are any games using OpenGL, but anything using DirectX is not displaying some objects, completely at random, polygon artifacts across the screen and eventually (within at most 2 or 3 minutes) a complete crash to blue screen with nv4dsply.dll being listed as the culprit.

I have tried reinstalling DirectX to no avail, and am now back down to the 23.11s. Is this a known issue, and is there a way I can get the latest nvidia drivers working properly on my system?

FlyingPenguin

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

22nd October 1999

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I'm not aware of any issues with the latest drivers, however there might be something in particular about the D Prophet that has a problem with them.

I'd just go ahead and stick wit hthe 23.11 drivers until the next official version is released and then try that.

You're probably not missing out on anything in performance. The lastest version just adds tweaks for a couple of new games like Morrowind.

------------------ The Flying Penguin :) http://TheFlyingPenguin.com

... and with the lifespan of current 3D cards, it's almost like two people standing in the desert arguing over who has the better looking ice cube. - Death2Uall (the artist formally know as "D") from 3Fingers' Forum