Lt.M@rv

It feels so empty without me

50 XP

24th September 2006

0 Uploads

417 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

I made this thread because i think that maps taking place in 1944-1945 the Luftwaffe doesn't have many planes and the only ones you can find is ME 262 and FW 190 but back to the point. I wanted to suggest the Henschel Hs 129 model B-3 which was equipped with a 75mm automatic anti-tank cannon but was built only 28 planes so it couldn't affect the outcome of war.All kinds of different versions of this plane was built 870 in total and let's say to compare that russians built 36136 of their IL-2's and now that's really engough to conquer the world. If you want to know more about different versions of this plane then check out this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henschel_Hs_129 henschel_hs129.jpg

MrPink

eastboys always win

50 XP

3rd July 2006

0 Uploads

191 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Yes the only you can find is Me 262 and Fw190, on like, 1 or maybe 2 maps? :bawl:

BFE - Queen Naga

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

2nd October 2005

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

The Axis have many planes in FH, the Allied needed alot more model versions of their planes to be on par. I backup my point to the experimental aircraft which did not have a prodigious affect on the war, nor a substantional amount of themselves.

Now anyway, I like the plane.

Never saw a 75mm Autocannon, in FH before so, it would be interesting for this high-powered uranium spitting gun.

The Ultimate Drifter

*Professional Drunk Driver*

50 XP

1st October 2004

0 Uploads

278 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Instead of putting in a plane that had less than 30 units in service, maybe they could just have far less German airpower on late war maps to keep the whole historical context theme going. Of course, Western Europe maps won't be out for a long time so I guess it doesn't matter yet.

Lt.M@rv

It feels so empty without me

50 XP

24th September 2006

0 Uploads

417 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago
The Ultimate Drifter;3382695Instead of putting in a plane that had less than 30 units in service, maybe they could just have far less German airpower on late war maps to keep the whole historical context theme going. Of course, Western Europe maps won't be out for a long time so I guess it doesn't matter yet.

Maybe...still this thing can also be used in eastern front battles or in france campagain(i mean the 1940) of course not this prototype but the earlier ones that didn't have that powerful 75mm cannon, on eastern front the plane was equipped first with 20 then 30 and then 37mm cannons(if i remember it correctly):D

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

The 75mm Pak version of the HS-129 would be interesting but it handled like a pig and so overweighed the aircraft that if the plane was damaged or lost an engine the PAK gun was releasable with a parachute attached so the plane could make it back to base.

I would much rather see the 30mm version with the small bombs under the wings since that version saw the most service.

Also FH has the Me-109 but its the DICE model reskinned by FH's masterful skinners but they can only do so much with a mediocre model.

If the FH team decides to model the Bf-109 you can bet it will be a masterpiece.

FlyGuy45

*TRA* Spsk. Pilotka VVS

50 XP

22nd June 2005

0 Uploads

6,414 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

Anlushac11;3383295The 75mm Pak version of the HS-129 would be interesting but it handled like a pig and so overweighed the aircraft that if the plane was damaged or lost an engine the PAK gun was releasable with a parachute attached so the plane could make it back to base.

I would much rather see the 30mm version with the small bombs under the wings since that version saw the most service.

Also FH has the Me-109 but its the DICE model reskinned by FH's masterful skinners but they can only do so much with a mediocre model.

If the FH team decides to model the Bf-109 you can bet it will be a masterpiece.

So it fell with the shields on, and base? lol

I assume it was a barrel with a sort of clyinder thingy at the end?

Pietje

People say I post too much

50 XP

14th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,454 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago
BFE - Queen Naga;3382347The Axis have many planes in FH, the Allied needed alot more model versions of their planes to be on par. I backup my point to the experimental aircraft which did not have a prodigious affect on the war, nor a substantional amount of themselves.[/QUOTE] The problem is most Axis planes are only fighters. I personally wouldnt mind trading some in for a fighter-bomber, bomber, or a recon plane for example. [QUOTE=BFE - Queen Naga]Instead of putting in a plane that had less than 30 units in service, maybe they could just have far less German airpower on late war maps to keep the whole historical context theme going. Of course, Western Europe maps won't be out for a long time so I guess it doesn't matter yet.

In that case you might want to think about lowering the overall effectivenes of ground attack planes to a more realistic level. As it stands now they can wipe a entire army out. If you are going to the balance the Germans then do so for every side. I quote from the book 'Flying Guns - World War 2: Development of Aircraft Guns, Ammunition and Installations 1933-45' by Emmanuel Gustin:

"The success rates for ground attack planes were strongly determined by pilot skill, with good shots being about twice as effective as average pilots. The Soviets concluded that to ensure the destruction of tank targets, four or five Il-2s needed to attack a light tank, but twelve to fifteen were needed against a medium tank."

Also the claims of pilots tend to notoriously unreliable. Some Russian pilots for example claim that they flew 120 sorties and destroyed around 500 soft skin vehicles and 120 tanks. In reality a pilot should consider himself lucky if he could actually destroy a single tank after 30 sorties while flying on the Eastern front. Another good example is the Mortain counterattack. The RAF pilots claimed 84 tank kills, plus another 35 probably destroyed and 21 damaged. The US IX Tac Air claimed 69 killed, 8 probable and 35 damaged. Take away the probables and damaged and you have 153 tanks the pilots are positive they destroyed. The total actually killed by aircraft? 9. See link http://web.telia.com/~u18313395/normandy/articles/airpower.html

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

The 129 would be ace, in _any_ format. I totally agree with the comparative lack of Luftwaffe ground attack capability; there's a bunch of stukas, plus one (1) He-111 in a non-strategic bombing map. We need more float planes, more ground attack aircraft and, MOST IMPORTANTLY LOBO YOU LISTENING an Fi-156 for arty recon.

I agree 100% with Pietje--the current ground attack aircraft are way too effective. Land-to-reload (assuming you don't put friggin trees at the ends of the runway, and you implement flaps correctly) would go a long way towards fixing this.

The Ultimate Drifter

*Professional Drunk Driver*

50 XP

1st October 2004

0 Uploads

278 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago
Anlushac11;3383295Also FH has the Me-109 but its the DICE model reskinned by FH's masterful skinners but they can only do so much with a mediocre model.

Understatement of the year award winner? The panzer 4, GMC halftrack, hannomag, and the B-17 are all great examples of that too.