Tonight at work I came up with what I think could be a promising map. I think we need a good map to use those kick-ass gliders the FH devs have created. Operation Varsity to be exact. This could be done with either the British 6th Airborne or the American 13th Airborne. Here is a map of what I'm roughly thinking about... Let me explain:
- First and foremost, "Ha" stands for the German town of Hamminkein, and "Ri" stands for the german town of Ringenburg. (Yes, im plenty aware these towns aren't scaled correctly, but is anything in BF/FH?)
- The white dot represent the glider spawns. Do them like the Betty on wake.
- The yellow areas represent landing zones for the Gliders, throw in a few random trees to mix things up.
- Every red dot represents a capturable flag. They all start as German. The far left dot is an outpost. German's can spawn a Kettengrad, Halftrack and maybe a piece of armor. When the allies capture it, it spawns in a few shermans or jeeps, or both. The red dot on HA indicates a spawnpoint within the town, same for RI. The red dot on the bridge is a key point.
- The pink-orange dots represent Anti-Aircraft guns, Vierlings and the simple 1-barreled 20mm. *Try to spawn the gliders above visibilty to avoid them instantly getting pummeled.
- The spray painted areas are obviously forest and the brown lines are roads. The River is the Issel River. The tan dotted line is the Autobahn under construction.
Give me some feedback on it guys, I think it would make for a pretty enjoyable map. My layout could probally use a little tweaking since it seems linear, but I tried to keep it looking like that region as best I could. Questions...Comments?
a verling would be way way to uber on that map,but aout how large is that map ? i think a good size would be about teh same size of ...varalisk or a litttle smaller than el alimain(sp)
i think a good size would be about teh same size of ...varalisk or a litttle smaller than el alimain(sp)
That is basically what I was thinking. Probally along the lines of Kharkov. Of course not the same terrain at all, but basically that size. I think that is a medium map. El Alamein is a large map, Kharkov is Medium, and ZIelona is small. The Vierling would do some massive tearing of the wings. That's why if one was to be used, it should be placed in a position to where it only has a brief moment to actually shoot the glider. For instance, place it next to the trees, it can't see them coming, but once they fly over it can start shooting, until it disspaears behind the trees again. My reasoning for allowing the Gliders to spawn high is for them to not get shot at immediately and give the pilot the choice of just which direction he wants to come from and such.
One quick note, I think the map should have a hazy-morning kinda atmosphere, thats around when the actual glider landings took place.
Woo, I like it.
noobs would pilot the gliders and crash them :(
Gliders looks likea nice idea :)
like the idea and it would be nice to see those gliders in action... pegasus bridge would also be a good map for gliders. http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=101578&highlight=pegasus+bridge and now we also have malsas awsome birdge... perfect :nodding:
Question, how big would these Gliders be? how many men minus Pilot would inhabit them? they must be smaller and lighter than the C4 Cargo Plane for it to be towed.
We need a good Pegasus Bridge map.
the Gliders are already modeled and in game you know i remmebr lightning posting a pic of one ..