Hail of Nails

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

376 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

Is it possible to make it so that when you are reloading at an ammo-box, you are unable to shoot? And to make it so "Crap! I ran into an ammo box I lost the firefight because my gun disappeared!" doesn't happen, perhaps the "Enter Vehicle" key can be coded to activate ammo boxes as well? So you will run up to an ammo-box, activate it, and wait until you reload. I think the limited #of Fausts and unlimited number of tanks is ridiculous as well. Too many times on Breakthrough, I've lost either the Windmill or the Village near the British base simply because my ammo box ran out of fausts, and I could do nothing about the waves of Cromwells coming in.

G.I. Bob

GF makes me horny

50 XP

11th December 2003

0 Uploads

84 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago
Hail of NailsI think the limited #of Fausts and unlimited number of tanks is ridiculous as well. Too many times on Breakthrough, I've lost either the Windmill or the Village near the British base simply because my ammo box ran out of fausts, and I could do nothing about the waves of Cromwells coming in.

Yeah, it's almost as if a single infantryman isn't supposed to hold off waves of tanks at all...

Aequitas

aka [SHEEP]BrotherMaynard

50 XP

8th February 2001

0 Uploads

489 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago

Well first, you don't represent a single infantryman in game, you represent, what, like a company of 10 or so? Sounds about right. Second, he's absolutely right. When you have NO AT defenses at the base, NO air capable of taking out tanks, and your tanks are busy elsewhere, what are you supposed to do? It's YOUR job to take out the tanks. And they will keep coming, and coming, and coming. They don't run out of something as large and expensive as a TANK, I would think that they could at least supply a good amount of Fausts.

Hail of Nails

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

376 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

Maybe even if ammo boxes had a limited amount, but later respawned to the original number, it would be better too.

Ronin Pedroshin

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

878 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago
Hail of NailsMaybe even if ammo boxes had a limited amount, but later respawned to the original number, it would be better too.

Yeah that would be realistic. As if in real war a couple of troops have a certain amount of ammunition in the town and after they are out of it they would call for ammo from HQ and a refreshed ammo box would spawn. (Of course I'm not saying you would have to call for ammo in the game, (I'm just giving an example of reality) the ammobox would just respawn to the original number). But also I thought of some other procedure. The ammo trucks seem pretty useless at the moment so how about making it possible to drive an ammo truck near an ammo box and the ammo box would be re-supplied and full again. That would give them more usefullness and maybe you could add a radio command: "Need ammo at my position!".

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago
Hail of NailsMaybe even if ammo boxes had a limited amount, but later respawned to the original number, it would be better too.

good idea

Aequitas

aka [SHEEP]BrotherMaynard

50 XP

8th February 2001

0 Uploads

489 Posts

0 Threads

#27 15 years ago

Sounds good to me too. Might be too much to ask for, but how about this. If the box has fausts, the graphic for the ammobox show a couple fausts lying ontop of or next to it. If they are depleted, they will disappear. That way when it's resupplied in X minutes, you will able to see so.

Hail of Nails

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

376 Posts

0 Threads

#28 15 years ago

It really is the most sensible idea. Despite getting unlimited tanks, you still have to wait for a respawn, and even then tanks are too valuable to just waste. Fausts and other precious ammo should be the same way. Do any programmers/Dev guys know if it's possible for ammo to respawn?

Ronin Pedroshin

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

878 Posts

0 Threads

#29 15 years ago

Well, respawning ammo box supply seems to be a good idea but maybe it would be too easy? I mean, the ammo trucks could play a major role here. Like if you drive an ammo truck near a depleted ammo box the box would be resupplied with panzerfausts and such again. Also I think the ammo trucks should be possible to drop ammoboxes on the ground like transport planes by the way.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#30 15 years ago

ammo truck, area reload.