Pearl Harbor? -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 15 years ago

Anyone have the idea of making Pearl harbor a map? The only way I could see it possible is if most of the ships were sunk. But then again it would make a cool objective map. Also Having more dedicated paratrooper maps would be neet. Create is a well made map for paratroopers. But what about the english and the USA? Just Idea's. Doesnt have to be a DEV team map or anything. But I always wanted to see a Pearl Harbor map. Since it was the reason we americians entered the war. PS omg FH r0x0rz.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

only if you can make a good one

schoolkid

your mother is a beaver

50 XP

3rd June 2004

0 Uploads

1,134 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I can see it now. On the edge of the map, the Japanese will spawn in planes that are in mid air (ever played Galactic Conquest? It's possible) and fly to the harbor, with the objective being to sink the set amount of ships, while the Americans try to defend the fleet. It'll be just like BoB or BtR, with the Japanese fighting against the ticket loss and the Americans trying to defend their objectives. Sounds like a good idea. It's important that the Japanese spawn in midair, and not on aircraft carriers - one, for realism, and two, so they don't get spawnraped.

the_M6D_legend

7.62mm...full...metal...j acket

50 XP

28th July 2004

0 Uploads

243 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

im sure this has been bought up before, use the search button

Arisaka

Staff suffers from PCD

50 XP

16th August 2004

0 Uploads

1,495 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

it's also WIP, by one in the community. looked quite OK so far.

MrFancypants Forum Administrator

The Bad

218,052 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,041 Posts

9 Threads

#6 15 years ago
hemimotorzAnyone have the idea of making Pearl harbor a map?

Not as often as the idea to implement a Pz.III :) Welcome to the forums!

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Would be good to have a mobile US destroyer, Jap mini-subs, and a few P-40's.

Pvt. Ryan

Rofl

50 XP

10th November 2004

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

im making a doolittle raid map, i guess its like pearl with all the bombers and such. plus it was after pearl so you know

Freak_NL

[ESF]

50 XP

1st February 2004

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

- How would the Japanese airplanes reload after dropping their bombs / firing their bullets?

- Would kamikaze still be frowned upon in such a map? :)

Starfighter

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

7th May 2004

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
Freak_NL - Would kamikaze still be frowned upon in such a map? :)

Actulay that did not realy start to happen till after the Battle of Midway. And the planes could have a carrier that they can't spawn in/can't be sunk, that way they can still have one there, just it can't do anything but reload their bombs. Plus having the planes spawn up high would be best so the other team can't just use their planes and shoot em all down. In fact only two planes got off the ground in the real battle. The rest blew up on the run ways. It would be nice to have some planes that the japaese need to blow up, make em weak though. No planes that take 3 bombs to kill. you could also do some AI controled bombing runs too. Ala some of the other mods out there. And no it would not lag, I've tested it on my own lan server with a full 64 players and nobady got any lag.