pmbf1942

A BF1942 Fan/ Mcbob from SSLF

50 XP

17th February 2006

0 Uploads

384 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Can it be done? seems impossible. But, one thread below states a suggestion that you can spawn as a tank, plane, or boat, and not as infantry. and you are stuck inside the vehicle all game long So you can spawn as a zero, or Achi Val, or Jake, or Jesse, while the US spawns with 2 avengers, and a whole lot of infantry with AA Guns, but then the AA guns are far away from the spawn points, so its more realistic. Dont forget that there could be a unrespawnable USS Arizona where it stays there forever when sunk.

http://boards.filefront.com/showthread.php?t=252539

Heres the vehicle thread

LtJimmy

Quod Ego Dico

50 XP

17th March 2005

0 Uploads

363 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

While you have a good idea there (I wouldn't mind one myself), it would probably be more feasible to get permission to make a FH compatible version of this map: http://battlefieldsingleplayer.planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/index.php?pg=maps&mp=388 this map was realised quite recently, however there is another Pearl Harbour map: http://battlefieldsingleplayer.planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/index.php?pg=maps&mp=417

Polska

"The original one"

62 XP

19th September 2004

0 Uploads

5,969 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I dunno if it's really possible, First of all you'd need to have the entire Axis airforce spawn in the sky ( could be on carriers, but then you have a good chance they will be blasted to the bottom of the oceaan by the guns of the battleships once they have a fixed location ( due to limited size of the maps ).

mach1muscle351

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

9th February 2006

0 Uploads

528 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago
polskaI dunno if it's really possible, First of all you'd need to have the entire Axis airforce spawn in the sky ( could be on carriers, but then you have a good chance they will be blasted to the bottom of the oceaan by the guns of the battleships once they have a fixed location ( due to limited size of the maps ).

Have axis carriers on the top left of the map, have pearl harbor at the bottom right, and then put a large boundry in the middle. so allies cant go attack the axis boats. And there you have pearl harbor. Make it so the allied planes are tough to get in to, because it was a suprise attack. So basically, they have to get up in the air by lack of skill of the noobs trying to strafe em. Possibly have one or two subs? I dont remember what the deal was with the axis subs, and attacking.

pmbf1942

A BF1942 Fan/ Mcbob from SSLF

50 XP

17th February 2006

0 Uploads

384 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

just use the spawing-as-vehicle thing, and subs, there was only one sub that tried to enter, but then it was sunk by a PT Boat with a gun, not torps or MG's, and the only survivor was the sub commander

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

There were 5 Japanese two-man subs involved in the attack, mainly as spotters. One was rammed in the harbor by the USS Monaghan, another one sunk by depth charges by the USS Ward (it was recently found.) A third one washed ashore near Waimanalo, and a fourth was located off Oahu. Nobody knows what happened to the fifth, but none returned, and they did not cause any damage during the attack.

Pearl Harbor would be a great map, but you'd have to allow the US forces (at least some of them) a bit of maneuvering ability; the USS Oklahoma, which was finally beached to avoid blocking the harbor entrance if sunk, nearly made it out to sea. Then you'd need to avoid letting US ships ram each other (I dunno if BF2 still has the mass-disconnects and lag problems that come from ships ramming.)

US planes would be cool, but as someone pointed out, they'd have to be hard to reach. ABC lines around Jap carriers in a map corner would also be great; stationary carriers would avoid the probable performance issues with having 30 Japanese planes spawn in mid-air, although that'd be an interesting thing to try.

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

There were 5 Japanese two-man subs involved in the attack, mainly as spotters. One was rammed in the harbor by the USS Monaghan, another one sunk by depth charges by the USS Ward (it was recently found.) A third one washed ashore near Waimanalo, and a fourth was located off Oahu. Nobody knows what happened to the fifth, but none returned, and they did not cause any damage during the attack.

Pearl Harbor would be a great map, but you'd have to allow the US forces (at least some of them) a bit of maneuvering ability; the USS Oklahoma, which was finally beached to avoid blocking the harbor entrance if sunk, nearly made it out to sea. Then you'd need to avoid letting US ships ram each other (I dunno if BF2 still has the mass-disconnects and lag problems that come from ships ramming.)

US planes would be cool, but as someone pointed out, they'd have to be hard to reach. ABC lines around Jap carriers in a map corner would also be great; stationary carriers would avoid the probable performance issues with having 30 Japanese planes spawn in mid-air, although that'd be an interesting thing to try.

FlyGuy45

*TRA* Spsk. Pilotka VVS

50 XP

22nd June 2005

0 Uploads

6,414 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

I think BFE WaW is making one

/me thinks,"Come on public release."

oscar989

http://www.forgottenhonor.com/

50 XP

4th April 2005

0 Uploads

1,621 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Just edit the map Midway and you got your Pearl Harbor.

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Perhaps you guys don't remember, or even never played, the Norwegian Resistance (woot) mod for FH. In one map, Resistance fighters attack the Tirpitz in a fjord, supported by RAF fighters.

That's one battleship, a few airplanes, and a lot of mountains. The lag was terrible, totally aweful. Now imagine what battleship row would do.

:cort: