Nemo_54

Aka 130.Pz Ditech

50 XP

18th December 2005

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#41 15 years ago

Well, when Nagumo gave the order to pull out, and not launch a third wave he made a pretty large blunder.

Because by not launching a third wave he left Pearl's feul depots, dock facilities, and smaller ships relatively intact, and that is why there was so much controversy surrounding Nagumo's decision not to launch a third wave.

This decision in turn helped provide American naval forces in the Pacific with the means to stay in the fight even in the dark early days of the campaign.

Not to mention that the American's didn't have any feasable way of striking back at the Japanese task force, even if they had known where they were.

LoyalReaperDragon

[130.Pz] Lukas

50 XP

18th March 2006

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#42 15 years ago
Nemo_54I'm pretty sure he meant Admiral Chuichi Nagumo was the "pussy" and not Yamamoto. Anyways, you probably would have made more sense if you had said it like this. Actully there was supposed to be a 3rd wave, but the Admiral that Yamamoto choose to cammand the attack was a pussy, and when a few planes got shot down he decided to head home. Ok, go ahead, call me a grammar nazi if you want to. :D

i know yamamoto was a great commander i was talking about nagumo who was that fatal brand of generals that have no courage, also the carriers wernt hit because they were out at sea!

Frenkan

Trying to stay out of room 101

50 XP

29th April 2004

0 Uploads

531 Posts

0 Threads

#43 15 years ago
LoyalReaperDragoni know yamamoto was a great commander i was talking about nagumo who was that fatal brand of generals that have no courage, also the carriers wernt hit because they were out at sea!

Your original post suggested something else. Nagumo might have made a mistake not sending the 3rd wave to Pearl Harbor but you have to remember the things which might have been the reason why he made this decision. Nagumo had no knowledge of the American carriers whereabouts and risked their finding and attacking him first at a vulnerable moment. During the attack the Japanse only lost 29 airplanes when they had expected to lose far more and maybe even two carriers. The attack on Pearl Harbor was already a military success so Nagumo chose to play it safe and head back home.

LoyalReaperDragon

[130.Pz] Lukas

50 XP

18th March 2006

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#44 15 years ago
LoyalReaperDragonactully there was supposed to be a 3rd wave, the the general yamamoto choose to cammand the attack was a pussy and when a few planes got shot down he said head home(also the americans actully shot down quite a few planes)

in this quote you notice i said"the general that yamamoto choose..." if you had notice that you would see i was pointing out the general yamamoto choose not yamamoto himself:smokin: because yamamoto choose nagumo

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#45 15 years ago

Admiral.

LoyalReaperDragon

[130.Pz] Lukas

50 XP

18th March 2006

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#46 15 years ago

right its admiral nagumo not general nagumo

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

1st May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#47 15 years ago

If you watch the classic 1976 movie The Battle of Midway, I believe Nagumo is the one standing on the right, talking to another officer when a dude runs behind him pointing up and yelling DIVE BOMBA! ENEMY DIVE BOMBA!

I love that scene, it was better than Cats, we played it again and again and again..

LoyalReaperDragon

[130.Pz] Lukas

50 XP

18th March 2006

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#48 15 years ago

yup the admiral scewed up midway too, also they japs should never have sent some fo there fleeet up to those alasken inlands, they all should have been in midway but good thing they wern't

devils88

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

6th October 2005

0 Uploads

107 Posts

0 Threads

#49 15 years ago

Not to mention Guadalcanal...