Tank Hunter Pro.

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

19th May 2004

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I was just wondering if Porsche's Tiger was going to be added to FH. Some of the 100+ hulls that where produces in anticipation before rejection where used as Tiger I (P) tanks in Russia. Not many, only 15 or so. The rest became Ferdinand's or Bergertigers but still, they where used. It might not be priority but just wondering.

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

maybe in say .8 add it to a kursk map as an easter egg. I think i it would be pretty cool.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I think concentrating on vehciles that were used in greater numbers is a better idea. Things like this should be really low on priority.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Would be cool, but not for now, we need more important stuff first.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

yah, like the P3, Su series, Hetzer, various other AT SP guns....

Exel

The stubborn Finn

50 XP

26th March 2004

0 Uploads

542 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Why not suggest implementation of Maus while you're at it? I mean hey, it's not like it saw any action whatsoever and only two protos were produced, but it would be darn cool wouldn't it?

Not.

WW2 saw plenty of vehicles and other equipment, so why waste energy to include insignificant stuff that were very few in numbers.

Tank Hunter Pro.

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

19th May 2004

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
ExelWhy not suggest implementation of Maus while you're at it? I mean hey, it's not like it saw any action whatsoever and only two protos were produced, but it would be darn cool wouldn't it? Not. WW2 saw plenty of vehicles and other equipment, so why waste energy to include insignificant stuff that were very few in numbers.

Ok smartass, the Maus was of course a prototype never used, or at least never recorded used. There is a myth that it was used at the battle for Kummersdorf and knocked out over 100 Russian tanks before breaking down and being abandoned. The Russians deny this I think because of its red curtian, but seeing as how there where few tanks at Kummersdorf because it was a rocket test facility I don't think many where capable of knocking out the heavy tanks Russia used there except this tank. These Tigers where actual tanks. They where used on the steppes of Russia and some in Kursk. They served for a hell of a long time and had a very important role but where never mentioned much because of the normal Tiger looking almost exactly like it it was thought to be the same thing. They where definetly not insignificant.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

well....if the normal tiger looked almost exactly like it, whats the point of having it in game?

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

err i thought the chassis became elephant/fernards?

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

like i said, maybe in .8 when everything real important is already added. And I believe I have seen one of these Tigers in a pic. Porsche Tiger- http://www.achtungpanzer.com/images/tigerp_5.jpg the turrets the same, but as u can see the hull is different. BergeTiger- http://www.achtungpanzer.com/images/bergep.jpg the rest became Ferdinands/Elefants which I hope you've all seen.