pheeph

A Lagomorphic Over-achiever

50 XP

16th March 2003

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Any chance the Messerschmitt Me 323 transport will be put back into FH? It used to be in version 0.5 (though it did shake a lot while it sitting in the runway half-damaged in El Alamein, its wreck was a Ju 52 wreck, and I couldn't get out of it because I was trapped in its interior).

Later on, I saw what looked like a remodeled but unskinned Me 323 (with remodeled interior) on the FH website. If the plane were to be put back in, placing them in certain North Africa maps.

oscar989

http://www.forgottenhonor.com/

50 XP

4th April 2005

0 Uploads

1,621 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

What would be the purpose?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

They weren't frontline vehicles but rather they were only used in places where the Germans didn't have to worry about fighters or AA.

FlyGuy45

*TRA* Spsk. Pilotka VVS

50 XP

22nd June 2005

0 Uploads

6,414 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Static sapwn point or a map with no Plane were tanks are needed.

oscar989

http://www.forgottenhonor.com/

50 XP

4th April 2005

0 Uploads

1,621 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago
NighthawkThey weren't frontline vehicles but rather they were only used in places where the Germans didn't have to worry about fighters or AA.

Except that wasn't the case and many were shot down while trying to go back and forth between Italy and Africa. They were easy prey cuz they flew so slow.

Blood n Guts

Wolverine Starting 9/6/2006

50 XP

22nd March 2005

0 Uploads

758 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

[COLOR=black]That still is behind the front lines. You never would have a Me-323 fly over no mans land or behind enemy lines, then land to deploy tanks and vehicles; which is how it would be used in FH. I also doubt that it would live for very long due to its low speed and maneuverability. It is just one big, flying target for a Bofors or any allied fighter. The Me-323 would quite literally be a bigger death trap than the Chi-Ha, except you would have absolutely no chance of killing anything (at least with a Chi-Ha you can kill infantry). Putting it in as a flyable plane would be inaccurate, impractical, and suicidal for the pilot.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]The one potential application would be as a static on a German airfield that spawns tanks and vehicles inside. That wouldn't exactly be high priority, but it would look cool if implimented :).[/COLOR]