Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Thought of this with some help in a parallel thread:

instead of artillery, let commanders on certain maps (i.e. Japanese, Russian) call up an infantry charge, and have 100-200 fairly stupid infantry, firing wildly, throwing grenades, and screaming insanely come charging out of the fog.

When they reach their objective, they just shoot (badly aimed), hack and slash and scream for a bit, then retreat or die or something.

It wouldn't have to crush the server with AI performance, because they could be fairly dumb (i.e. just run in a certain direction, don't bother dodging, and just shoot shoot shoot.)

RexRaptor

V for Vendetta

50 XP

25th February 2005

0 Uploads

553 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

FuzzyBunnyThought of this with some help in a parallel thread:

instead of artillery, let commanders on certain maps (i.e. Japanese, Russian) call up an infantry charge, and have 100-200 fairly stupid infantry, firing wildly, throwing grenades, and screaming insanely come charging out of the fog.

When they reach their objective, they just shoot (badly aimed), hack and slash and scream for a bit, then retreat or die or something.

It wouldn't have to crush the server with AI performance, because they could be fairly dumb (i.e. just run in a certain direction, don't bother dodging, and just shoot shoot shoot.)

Lmfao..MEAT SHIELDS FTW! I want this...because I want to be the lone Heavy-MG Gunner mowing them down.

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I prefer to call them "human sandbags"

RexRaptor

V for Vendetta

50 XP

25th February 2005

0 Uploads

553 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago
FuzzyBunnyI prefer to call them "human sandbags"

Meat shields, human sandbags, cannon fodder...soldiers, whatever you wanna call them: They catch bullets.

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

And who knows, they might actually kill something!!11

Or at least distract the bad guys long enough, while they're falling down laughing...

RexRaptor

V for Vendetta

50 XP

25th February 2005

0 Uploads

553 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

FuzzyBunnyAnd who knows, they might actually kill something!!11

Or at least distract the bad guys long enough, while they're falling down laughing...

Well, if American military philosophy is to be believed: You shoot in something's general direction with enough fire power, you're gonna kill it- then yes, you'll...kill a few. I want to see the ones in the rear toss grenades to the front, blowing up their buddies..

Jetro

There's a satchel on your tank

50 XP

6th December 2004

0 Uploads

1,473 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago
RexRaptorWell, if American military philosophy is to be believed: You shoot in something's general direction with enough fire power, you're gonna kill it- then yes, you'll...kill a few. I want to see the ones in the rear toss grenades to the front, blowing up their buddies..

Well like seems to work.:D

I wouldn't mind play the germans just to man a MG42 to take on an unbeatable human wave. It's kind of gives you that desperate adreneline rush you can't get anywhere else.

Run out of bullets, take out the shovel and charge head long into the fray, hacking away like some drawve with a axe and a death wish until your arms and numb and it's egdes are blunted down to the handle. Throw your nades and wrestle a ruskie for his PPSH and do your best gangster impression complete with a Patrick-Stewart-on-the-holodeckesque roar until the drum is dry(becareful of enemy nades lest you impersonate his final scene in Xmen III).first_contact0321.jpg

Then, with your last breath, unseath your knife commit seppuku even though it's not even a part of your culture. Because all the greatest adventures end with the hero killing himself.(with the unfortunate exception of Tom Cruise movies)

I think this is a good idea

mach1muscle351

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

9th February 2006

0 Uploads

528 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago
FuzzyBunnyThought of this with some help in a parallel thread: instead of artillery, let commanders on certain maps (i.e. Japanese, Russian) call up an infantry charge, and have 100-200 fairly stupid infantry, firing wildly, throwing grenades, and screaming insanely come charging out of the fog. When they reach their objective, they just shoot (badly aimed), hack and slash and scream for a bit, then retreat or die or something. It wouldn't have to crush the server with AI performance, because they could be fairly dumb (i.e. just run in a certain direction, don't bother dodging, and just shoot shoot shoot.)

Seems cool. Maybe too complex though. Not to mention It might suck if you cant direct it nice because you could send them the wrong way. :P that would be funny.

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago
mach1muscle351Seems cool. Maybe too complex though. Not to mention It might suck if you cant direct it nice because you could send them the wrong way. :P that would be funny.

ROFL--I'm imagining that the only thing more hilarious than a bunch of screaming, sword-wielding Japanese suicide troopers charging AT the enemy would be a bunch of screaming, sword-wielding Japanese suicide troopers running AWAY from the enemy.

"Hey, why's there a foot race going through the battlefield? And why are they all screaming?"

Kradovech

[130.Pz]'s cannon fodder

50 XP

11th September 2004

0 Uploads

1,083 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

It still sounds a kind of laggy... Then again, what do I know, Im just a forum noob.