Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

1st May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#111 14 years ago

Several of the new units formed during late 1941 and early 1942 were fairly ill-equipped (remember that they were sending tanks directly from factory grounds to the front without really training their crews all too much either.) I'll find sources when I'm back later.

Kradovech

[130.Pz]'s cannon fodder

50 XP

10th September 2004

0 Uploads

1,083 Posts

0 Threads

#112 14 years ago
FlyGuy45;3405539Do you have info to back this up? This seems like Enemay at The Gates and CoD2 Training mission.

Now you'll get a lecture on how he never ever even mentioned COD :p Again, no offence McIntyre.

McIntyre

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

2nd December 2006

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#113 14 years ago

Actually this time I wasn't about to, but none taken. You can learn this stuff from WW2 books, or even movies. WW2 movies usually originate from historical facts. I mean why would somebody make a WW2 movie with a weapon that diddn't esxist in WW2. You can look all that stuff up in WW2 books.

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

1st May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#114 14 years ago
McIntyre;3405839Actually this time I wasn't about to, but none taken. You can learn this stuff from WW2 books, or even movies. WW2 movies usually originate from historical facts. I mean why would somebody make a WW2 movie with a weapon that diddn't esxist in WW2. You can look all that stuff up in WW2 books.

Escape to Athena has some hilariously silly-looking German uniforms at their Greek islands (!) V2 base..

I think the whole "DON'T SUGGEST ANYTHING FROM SPR/COD/ENEMY AT THE GATES/MOH" thing is a total stupid overreaction by some people jumping on a bandwagon.

Something being in a movie/game does not make it "real" or "historically accurate", nor should the movie/game be used as a real source, but its presence in a movie/game does not mean it's automatically complete and total bollox to be disregarded.

I mean, Audie Murphy machine-gunning a few dozen Germans in To Hell and Back is improbable, but it actually happened (while Clint gritting his teeth and wiping out the entire Alpenkorps with a single MP-40 clip in Where Eagles Dare is awesome entertainment, but nonsense.)

Similarly, the thing about jumping on tanks and shooting in hatches or blowing them up, massed infantry charges with two man rifleman/ammo carrier combos due to lack of weaponry, shooting the bad guy sniper through his scope lens, etc. -- they are all far-fetched, but the fact that they were used for entertainment does not mean it never happened.

This doesn't mean you should go running around yelling "BUT IT WAS IN XYZ SO IT MUST HAVE HAPPENED". It just means you shouldn't go running around yelling "BUT IT WAS IN XYZ WHICH IS BULLSHIT SO IT NEVER HAPPENED."

Capisce, paisan?

Von Mudra

Lo, I am Mudra, za emo soldat!

50 XP

25th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,064 Posts

0 Threads

#115 14 years ago

Ok, firstly, Enemy and the Gates and COD are shit for historical accuarcy. Firstly, the Russians had plenty of weapons in Stalingrad, their true problem was people, many divisions were fighting with just 20 or so men, from a start of around 10,000. As for training, most russian soldiers were just given a rifle, a day of knowing out to use it, then thrown into combat. That part is true. As for potatos as grenades, the average russian soldier probably never handled anything but his mosin for the entire war, so he wouldn't even NEED grenade training.

Emperor Norton I

Nothing is real, Everything is

50 XP

20th July 2006

0 Uploads

7,434 Posts

0 Threads

#116 14 years ago

is it possible to have a charge for commanders with the bf2 engine.if so im for the idea

McIntyre

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

2nd December 2006

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#117 14 years ago

It doesn't matter if they used gernades or not, every army is obligated to teach the soldiers the basics. In WW2, Gernades were worth more to the russians the there soldiers so they trained with Potatoes *Fact*, some of them indeed did have gernades and actually used them but they had to be verterns to be trusted not waste them. *Fact* Enemy at Gates, I believe I seen. If thats the movie where the snipers in Stalingrad were picking off germans, and the germans sent a officer vereran sniper to kill them. Well for all I know, and for all you know that could be fact or fiction. Since you don't know either, I think its useless to assume other wise. CoD, what actual part of the game wasn't real? Besides for the game play?

My final saying is, Only disagree with something if you know for certon it's not true.

Coca-Cola

[130.Pz.]A.Aussen

50 XP

28th August 2006

0 Uploads

2,816 Posts

0 Threads

#118 14 years ago

FuzzyBunny;3404682Kiev/Kharkov/Kharkov Winter/Soletsch are all 1941, no?[/quote] Doesn't Kharkov have Panthers in the map?

[quote=McIntyre;3403093]If anybody retreated there officers would shoot them down with PPSH's and MG42's.

What about their own M.G.s

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

1st May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#119 14 years ago
Coca-Cola;3406587Doesn't Kharkov have Panthers in the map?

Kharkov Winter vs. Kharkov Outskirts. Winter is 1941 (first battle of Kharkov), Outskirts is 1943 (third or fourth battle of Kharkov, based on most of the equipment I'd say #3, but the Elefant would chronologically not appear until just before #4.)

mydjinny

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

2nd August 2006

0 Uploads

1,185 Posts

0 Threads

#120 14 years ago

Hey, we do have 'Charge' and 'Aaaaah!' call in FH, which kinda suckwed at times, cuz the bots would stare at me, and a few would begin jogging slowly... Perhaps as a captain, you could be able to call for simple charges. What you do is change to the whistle (Japanese), a Ruski flag wave (Red) or simply a hand signal for Brits and Yanks. The call uses something like the good ol' 'Charge', 'Aaaah!' or sometyhing and A russian translation for 'Not a step back, comerades' or 'For mother Russia, comerades' for Reds adn good ol' 'Bonzai' for Japs... Then your squad charges out.... This command could also be don eby bots using the captain kit - But AI code makes it something done only under serious situations - kinda like the arty barrage in BF2, so the bots dont overdo it. The other bonzai charge is one called by the commander, this one is more extensive - And all close to the charge target (not just a sqaud) would charge and wont stop until dead or done. Here is where the gambit comes in. Also if the target is a sea bound target, then you get the kamikazi assault...All bots spawning do so at the planes and set off...