Score system -1 reply

Please wait...

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#61 13 years ago

Lobo, killing people for the purpose of winning helps your team. Killing people for the purpose of score, however, is what we're talking about. I think you know the difference.




El Chupacabra

::GRUNT::

50 XP

20th July 2006

0 Uploads

147 Posts

0 Threads

#62 13 years ago

Well, like I said in the first place, that's just a loose idea. I think that as long as there is the goal of winning the round and thus - capping flags, there's no danger that all the players will just go around crazy racing in jeeps, doing stunts or anything like that. But on the other hand, McGibs' idea seems very nice and I trust that the devs will come up with a great solution after all. BF2 score system has lot of potential there, so maybe after right additions and balancing it will do alright.




affeee

Proud to be an FH player

50 XP

15th January 2006

0 Uploads

368 Posts

0 Threads

#63 13 years ago

i think we should remove the score all together and add a rank system (yes kill me) but a rank system where there is no kill score, there should be only two scores the number of Victories and the Defeats, so each round every one will do all to win the map to get a Victori point and not the kill score.




Safe-Keeper

Aw, c'mon Cyan, it's quality!

50 XP

29th September 2004

0 Uploads

1,225 Posts

0 Threads

#64 13 years ago
As a brief aside, isn't winning or losing around essentially a macro-score both teams are trying to achieve? Thus, following certain arguments, isn't that detrimental to the gameplay?

You really need to get better at analyzing what people actually say.

We're proposing to remove stats to aid team-play to get your team to win. With that in mind, it'd be a slight contradiction to remove winning or losing altogether.

If the points for kills were removed, 90 % of the players would be gone, and the remaining 10 % would be jeep racing, doing stunts, searching for easter eggs etc.

[tongue-to-cheek sarcasm]Oh? You don't get points for that:rolleyes:.[/tongue-to-cheek sarcasm]

And as Sturmtrupp said, you're playing the wrong mod if you only seek to achieve personal glory.




General Rommel

BF2 Files Staff

50 XP

25th October 2004

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#65 13 years ago

How about we keep it just like FH, though I do get pissed off when people say to me, YOUR K/D RATIO SUCKS SO I WOULD STFU.




Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#66 13 years ago

safe keeper, your opinion sounds nice on the paper but is simply not reasonable




Safe-Keeper

Aw, c'mon Cyan, it's quality!

50 XP

29th September 2004

0 Uploads

1,225 Posts

0 Threads

#67 13 years ago

But you are not a develpor, so I still have a chance;). [no offense to the starter of the ABC/locked vehicles-thread:p]




Chanquad

Forgotten Hope Freak

50 XP

5th December 2005

0 Uploads

326 Posts

0 Threads

#68 13 years ago

I agree with Lobo. We need some good game designing, not just remove the "problem"




Chanquad

Forgotten Hope Freak

50 XP

5th December 2005

0 Uploads

326 Posts

0 Threads

#69 13 years ago

Ehm..Safe keeper, isent Lobo a developer? Isent he the one who lead the entire project?




Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#70 13 years ago

Hehe, it's a forum joke based in a kickass old thread