as most of us know, the sd.kfz 251 is a wide vehicle whit numerous versions, so my question is to the devs, How many versions will u make? u have allready made my personal favorite 251/10.
They will make all that were used on the battles they will cover. If it was used somewhere,and that place is on FH2,the correct vehicle will be there.
Currently, there is (or will be) sdkfz251/1 ausf.C, sdkfz251/10 ausf.C, sdkfz251/1 ausf.D, and sdkfz251/1-II ausf.D. There used to be a sdKfz 251/6 ausf.C that would have been the german commander vehicle, but it was lost in a crash. This leads me to believe that if only one more variant was made, it would be a remake of the lost sdKfz 251/6 ausf.C to take over from Moritz in Normandy and certainly Russia.
well, as i am a scale modeler, i know that there is one easy way, to make many versions from a singlevehicle, reuse the basic vehicle, and instal different modules, like the Stuka zu fuss, that i happens to have, is just basicly a sd.kfz 251.D whit a steel construction whit wooden frames, and rockets, simple as that. i believe that this way the artists/devs would be avaible to make many versions easy and fast as FH2 grows larger and the amount of versions increases
There were 23 official variants, and sundry unofficial variants. Each variant is identified by a suffix to the model number. There was however some overlap in the variant numbers.
- Sdkfz 251/1 - Schützenpanzerwagen. Standard personnel carrier.
- 251/1-I - As above, but with intercom facilities
- 251/1-II - Rocket launcher (called "Stuka zu Fuß" (Walking Stuka) or Wurfrahmen 40) equipped with six side mounted frames for launching 280 mm or 320 mm Wurfkoerper rockets.
- SdKfz 251/1 - Falke Infrared detection equipment, to be used in combination with SdKfz 251/20 Uhu. Mostly Ausf. D variants.
- Sdkfz 251/2 - Schützenpanzerwagen (Granatwerfer). 81 mm Mortar carrier
- Sdkfz 251/3 - Funkpanzerwagen. Communications vehicle, fitted with extra radio equipment for command use.
- 251/3 I FuG8 and FuG5 Radios
- 251/3 II FuG8 and FuG5 Radios
- 251/3 III FuG7 and FuG1 Radios
- 251/3 IV FuG11 and FuG12 Radios (with 9 m telescopic mast); Command vehicle variant (Kommandowagen)
- 251/3 V FuG11 Radio
- Sdkfz 251/4 - Schützenpanzerwagen für Munition und Zubehör des leIG18. Gun-towing tractor, initially for use with the 7.5 cm leichtes Infanteriegeschütz 18. Later used with the 50 mm Pak 38, 75 mm PaK 40 and 105 mm Light Field Howitzer.
- Sdkfz 251/5 - Schützenpanzerwagen für Pionierzug. Assault Engineer vehicle with inflatable boats, assault bridges. Command Vehicle for Pioneer platoons (Pionierzug).
- Sdkfz 251/6 - Kommandopanzerwagen. Command version equipped with map boards, cipher and encoding machines.
- Sdkfz 251/7-I - Pionierpanzerwagen. Another assault engineer vehicle with fittings to carry assault bridge ramps on the sides.
- 251/7-II - As above but with different radio.
- Sdkfz 251/8-I - Krankenpanzerwagen. Armoured ambulance.
- 251/8-II - As above but with different radio.
- Sdkfz 251/9 - Schützenpanzerwagen (7.5cm KwK37). Equipped with a 75 mm L/24 low velocity gun, nicknamed "Stummel" ("stump").
- Sdkfz 251/10 - Schützenpanzerwagen (3.7cm PaK). Equipped with a 37 mm Pak 36 anti-tank gun mount.Platoon commander's variant.
- Sdkfz 251/11 - Fernsprechpanzerwagen. Telephone line layer.
- Sdkfz 251/12 - Messtrupp und Geratpanzerwagen. Survey and instrument carrier for artillery units.
- Sdkfz 251/13 - Schallaufnahmepanzerwagen. Sound recording carrier for artillery units.
- Sdkfz 251/14 - Schallaufnahmepanzerwagen. Sound recording carrier for artillery units.
- Sdkfz 251/15 - Lichtauswertepanzerwagen. Flash spotting carrier for artillery units.
- Sdkfz 251/16 - Flammpanzerwagen. Fitted with two flame projectors and initially a rear mounted flamethrower, detachable but still connected to the vehicle, to be operated by dismounted infantry. This was in addition to the standard MG34 machine gun and mount.
- Sdkfz 251/17 - Schützenpanzerwagen (2cm FlaK38). Anti-aircraft use with either a 20 mm Flak 30 or Flak 38. Also a variant called "Schwebenlafette", rare- but used.
- Sdkfz 251/18-I - Beobachtungspanzerwagen. Artillery observation vehicle.
- 251/18-Ia - Differences unknown, likely different radio fit.
- 251/18-II - Armored observation vehicle.
- 251/18-IIa - Different radio.
- Sdkfz 251/19 - Fernsprechbetriebspanzerwagen. Telephone exchange vehicle.
- Sdkfz 251/20 - Schützenpanzerwagen (Infrarotscheinwerfer) Uhu Mounted an Infrared searchlight for night fighting.
- Sdkfz 251/21 - Schützenpanzerwagen mit Fla MG Drilling. Equipped with a triple-mount (in the style of a "drilling" hunting gun) of MG151 autocannon; early version being MG151/15mm cannon, later being MG151/20mm Luftwaffe cannon.
- Sdkfz 251/22 - 7.5cm PaK40 L/46 auf Mittlerem Schützenpanzerwagen. Fitted with a 75 mm PaK 40 anti-tank gun.
- Sdkfz 251/23 - 2cm Hängelafette 38 auf Mittlerem Schützenpanzerwagen. Recon version, rare- same turret as a 234/1 or a 222.
- OT-810 - Czechoslovakian produced version, made by Praga and Tatra. This version had an air cooled diesel engine, and an armored roof over the troop compartment. The vehicle was not liked by those who used it and was nicknamed "Hitler's revenge".
C and D are quite different. So you would already need 2 basic models. I think when we get early skins for C and a commander version for both then we are done with them.
This is the lost commander version (251/6C) I don't think a commander version of the ausf.D is really necessary, since you can just say that the older vehicle has survived most of the war.
yes thats correct, but back to the point, instead totaly remaking every single version, u see the point?
shame, thats a beauty :/
Yes, but thats still alot of work. I think we won't see much more SdKfz 251's for a while. Other things have prior now.
yes, a 3 year old child should be avaible to understand that, it was a suggestion for future use ;)