I find the whole command vehicle great and all. I was thinking that for naval battles(especially the pacific theater)
- Having a flag ship would be awesome. and once the flagship were sunk no more ships could spwan or something of that nature. just having the flag ship have some importance would be great
- Make different parts of ships destructable. Make the front and back turrets separately destructable and make the bridge destructable. Once the bridge is destroyed you cant control the ship.
- Scout planes on ships
- Squad leader commands ship and squad members man it
- Make the middle section of the ship(sorry i dont know how its called) the most vulnerable part. make the ship have a G spot
- And finally make ships sink according to the damage recieved. Not all just sink down and disappear like in FH1
I know some these suggestions may make it complicated for normal public play, but it would be awesome to make the naval battles realistic
Feindlichen Panzer gesichtet!
1st November 2004
sounds very good, but i'm pretty sure the bf2 engine won't allow most of these suggestions :uhm:
yea...bf2 engine...and ships...Not the best of friends. The most i could see with Battleships or Cruisers or anything, are as Static objects with movable Turrets, as Artillery for Amphibious landings.
take that ship mod thats coming out and modify that.
turnpipe;4182708take that ship mod thats coming out and modify that.
which ship mode:confused:
Battleship Mod v0.31 - Planet Battlefield thier sight is dead.
Archimonde0_0;4182576yea...bf2 engine...and ships...Not the best of friends. The most i could see with Battleships or Cruisers or anything, are as Static objects with movable Turrets, as Artillery for Amphibious landings.
Bf2 Engine... and fun. Also not that great of friends.
I'm sure that naval combat will be included, just not like in fh1942, due to the crappy engine. I imagine that the larger ships larger than a sub would be statics (destroyable statics nontheless), and the main guns will work like artillery. Smaller ships like subs and landing craft will be mobile and act like you would excpect them too (mostly). In maps with islands, the larger ships would be just out of reach of eachothers main gun, so ships have to be sunk by planes, subs, or coastal artillery, and most fighting will be directed towards the islands in the middle. If there are no islands then ignore the previous sentence. Just what I think it would be like.
would be amazing if they could work out a solution to the engine problems but im not counting on it
turnpipe;4182727Battleship Mod v0.31 - Planet Battlefield thier sight is dead.
We don't run off that site anymore, we use black Sand Studios site......plus theres a patch out for that release ;)
As for your post, ideas 1, 3, 5, and 6 are possible....the rest are not.....
Though anything that has to do with ships with BF2 is going to be buggy so......