schoolkid

your mother is a beaver

50 XP

3rd June 2004

0 Uploads

1,134 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hi, i'm a new member here. Remember the map contest EA held awhile back? the 5 winners were: battle for guam Kasserine pass nuenen saint saveur battle of huertgen forest theyre all really nice maps, and some of them are historic too. also, theres this map: http://www.planetbattlefield.com/battlefieldsingleplayer/obh.asp it is an omaha beach map that aims to be historically accurate. anyway, i was wondering what the team thought. these are really great maps, and if they were converted and included with FH, it would be really cool, thanks

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

That omaha is a good layout but looks like shit (no offense)

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Nuenen, if anything like Band of Brothers could produce rather nicely. I haven't seen it. Are these maps playable yet? If so, where do I get them?

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

i saw that the kasserine pass map had snow ontop of the mountains (in the desert(mountains definitely were not high enough to justify being snow covered)) and the hurtgen forest map had almost no snow on it (sure hurtgen forest was a very long battle but COME ON MAN! SNOW!)

also its kind of a shame that the omaha trying to be historically accurate has the allies landing on the west coast of france i guess. the terragen sky doesnt look half bad on it though.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

eugh....some are ok but, no thanks. i think FH already has 2 Omaha beaches. Why is there snow in the Desert?

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

there is snow on some mountains in africa but not on those mountains and Judge what makes you think that they land on westcoast ?

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Because the map's beachhead is facing west? I dunno.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

does it mean that its the west coast ? no offcorse it dosnt ;))

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

pfft....I dunno.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
Ply3r_17eugh....some are ok but, no thanks. i think FH already has 2 Omaha beaches. Why is there snow in the Desert?

why is there snow in Hawaii? its just as hot there sometimes. and besides, the desert can get very fucking cold sometimes.