C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago
PanzerAcewhy is there snow in Hawaii? its just as hot there sometimes. and besides, the desert can get very fucking cold sometimes.

Because snow--like rain--is precipitation, and a desert is defined by a noticeable lack of it.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago
PanzerAcewhy is there snow in Hawaii? its just as hot there sometimes. and besides, the desert can get very fucking cold sometimes.

Theres snow in Hawaii?

Admiral Donutz Advanced Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

This maps where fine but i don't think that they are good enough to get in FH, or they would have to tune them with the autors permission to meet FH standards.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago
BAMdoes it mean that its the west coast ? no offcorse it dosnt ;))

uhm usually the idea behind a map is that up is north, right is east, down is south, and left is west.

\/\/ exactly. for instance, vanilla omaha has the americans attacking from the south

Admiral Donutz Advanced Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

usually? always! i have yet to see a map where up is south and north is down. I would south that person. It isn't logical to have the north in any other direction exept up.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

okay so on maps like Gold beach the English dudes are atacking the south of france ;)? and on storm the russkies are advancing from west to east ..

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

yes

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

okay i didnt know that north of france was in south of france (you leanr something new everyday ..)

scion

I post to get attention

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

The orientation of the map ingame has no relevance to the orientation of the battle IRL.

Btw, there is a skifield in australia.

schoolkid

your mother is a beaver

50 XP

3rd June 2004

0 Uploads

1,134 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago

hello. yes, map orientation does not necessarily have anything to do with which way is north - unless there is a rose on the map specifically pointing out north, the map could be any direction. For example, the FH map stalingrad has the russians crossing the horizontal-flowing volga river "north" - while in real life, the russians were crossing the vertical volga river west into stalingrad. and judge reinold? the allies did not attack the south coast of France, as it might appear due to the orientation of vanilla BF's map - they attacked from the north. i did not make any of these maps, so no need to say "no offense" :p I merely thought that "omaha beach historic" was possibly the best omaha beach map i've played, and i've played a lot. the only thing wrong with it is the corny music playing - but that can easily be modded out. as for the map contest winners, i just thought they were cool, and maybe cool if they were modded for FH. just to clear it up, i dont care that much if they arent included with the mod - the modders are hard at work with other things, and putting these maps into FH isnt my lifelong goal and no 1 dream :p ....it was just a suggestion :)