BrokenHeartedSociety

its a great day to stay inside

50 XP

19th November 2004

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

just some ideas i wrote down while playing my last game of FH. just to add a tad bit more realism. 1. is it possible to center the camera on the mg iron sights and get rid of the crosshair? 2. i noticed.. and it seems to occur when you walk out of water, or sometimes when you spawn in the water on omaha, the soldier seems to hold his gun differently when you don't move. instead of having it over his shoulder, he has it at rest at his waist. sometimes i recall seein this happen in bf1942 when soldiers ran ofut of the water and it would still continue as they were running. nevertheless it is an animation that dice made. for realism purposes you could use this anmation so when you soldier is standing still, after running and firing )thats where it goes away on omaha) your soldier will rest his gun at his waist, because it would be hard to hold your gun over your shoulder for that long, it tires the arms. just an idea.. dont change it for crouch though. the gun is near the hip while the soldier runs, but when he fires he automaticly brings it over his shoulder.. and when i watched it from when he held it at his waist, it was smooth, so you don't need to worry about awkward animations. i definately think this would be cool if you did this. 3. another thing is mortar delay when firing to act as if the soldier is dropping the shell into the mortar. if you do this, add a sound for the shell sliding down the mortar, scraping the metal. 4. the other thing was tanks that stay on fire when disabled for a long time, and wrecks that stay for a very long time as well.. but i wasnt sure if this was implemented or not, or implemented to a degreee where lag wouldn't be a factor. either way, not a big deal.. thank you for reading! i hope you find these suggestion insightful. here is a screenshot of the animation i was talking about: ScreenShot5.jpg

Comrade0Red

Za *TRA*, Za Kommunizma!

50 XP

25th March 2004

0 Uploads

895 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

It's just with that gun, he always holds it that way.

KleenexMan

Don't cry its only the finger.

50 XP

24th October 2004

0 Uploads

344 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

I have a very good reason as to why you may never see number 4. Bridged maps. Arnhem, BotB, Market Garden. Basicaly any map where a tank needs to cross a bridge to get an objective and can be destroyed would spell doom for winning this map. As it is now with stupid people stopping on the Arnhem bridge on the map Arnhem it is difficult to get anywhere.

Scope02

Pinoy...Represent!

50 XP

1st November 2004

0 Uploads

349 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

that is pretty cool, how he holds the gun that way, would make the game alot better looking cuz the soldiers always pointing his gun even if theres no1 near him, would be pretty cool if it was like that when running with anykind of gun, swaying back and forth, then when he wants to shoot, it comes back up to aiming position...never noticed, its pretty cool

katzinski_0

harsh critic out of love.

50 XP

2nd September 2005

0 Uploads

274 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

would the devs consider the second suggestion at all?

[BFE]projecTile

I'm way too cool to Post

50 XP

7th February 2004

0 Uploads

163 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

can you rehost that screenshot ? I think I know what you mean but I am not sure if they can recreat this "bug" although I agree that it looks way better than a bunch of soldiers running around with their guns aiming already.

Guybrush_

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

16th December 2004

0 Uploads

158 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

1. Yes, I like XWW2 MGs' sights too, and would like to have these in FH 2. Looks more like a bug to me than an animation. As if the default "soldier running, holding the weapon at his waist" animation didn't start. You're talking about 3rd person animation right ? 3. Yes, this happens in BF1918, pretty cool to hear the shell going down the mortar 4. As seen in XWW2, it lags but my comp is a 3 year old crap. Considering FH models are much more detailed and the size of the maps, I guess the lag would be unbearable even using high-end hardware.

katzinski_0

harsh critic out of love.

50 XP

2nd September 2005

0 Uploads

274 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

it looks EXACTLY like the soldier poses on the official bf1942 website banner. i think it was made for marketing screenshots. page_head_lt.jpg