emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#131 14 years ago
emmanuelthe japanese attack chinese by gas maybe because chinese haven t gas industry?

Correct, the Japanese did not consider the Chinese a threat and did not think they were capable of mounting a gas attack.

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#132 14 years ago

yea they actually had poison gas grenades, which may have been used in there early war campaigns for bunker clearing. Its likely they only used it china though, along with other delivery methods, for the reasons anlush says. THe only other use I know of is in ethiopia where the Italians used chemical weapons. THe Italian had a harder time in ethiopia then is commonly understood, as the ethiopians had a reasonably if somewhat outdated ground force with bolt-action rifle etc-- they had purchased a great deel when they beat the italians at in their first attempt. The even had some armored cars and some planes- of course nothing compared to italy in the the 30's, but still somthing. As for the theater itself, the 'south east aftrican theater' is increadivly little known, as the British fought the Itlains stationed there and liberated it, and there was some light naval combat in and around the coast. After if fell italian guierillas operated against the semi- restored ethopioans goverment (the british slowy handing back over control). ethiopian stuff from a old thread-

D-Fensand wrong aswell because they sucessfully annexed Albania! They also helped the Germans & Bulgarians with Yugoslavia. Ethiopia... well It's hard to find info, I've read they had a few of tanks (iirc Fiat 3000 among others) and not a really functioning airforce but they did have some Potez 25 biplanes http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/Ethiopia/ethiopia.html Nisre_Mekonnen.jpg[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=terminal-strike]Lol well there you go tanks, aircraft,auto-loading rifles, mgs... so there some potential. Once again, i dunno why im still going over this ethiopian things but..anyway- pretty good acount of the 1896 war where the italians lost. http://www.sirgarnet.com/ItalyAbyssinia.html There would be 3 main possiblities Italy vs. abysinias in the 30s, and for the stuff that happned in ww2 it would be possible to the british vs. italians when they routed them out and liberated ethiopia (1941/2). The wierdest one, and this has to be THE wierdest/little known fighting in ww2 was of italian resistance fighters IN ethiopia after it was re-taken over! anyway found this book on the subejct, which shows some uniforms. P6922AL.JPG http://www.ospreypublishing.com/title_detail.php/title=P6922~ser=CAM damn I want one of those red hats!

and on the japanese poisin gas grenades http://www.inert-ord.net/jap02h/tbgas/index.html gas.gif

Kaiser Franz

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

23rd February 2005

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#133 14 years ago

Winston Churchill considered dropping Poison Gas on German cities in response to the V weapons dropping on London, his Generals told him it wasn't a good idea..although he felt it was nessesary. The sam day he put this idea forward, Hitler almost died as a result of the July Bomb plot...

Pickerel

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

159 Posts

0 Threads

#134 14 years ago

In Panzer Commander, Hans von Luck talks about fighting between Americans in towns and in the Maginot Line and Germans around the Western Wall in late 1944, so how about that for a Maginot Line map?

Milton2

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

23rd March 2005

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#135 14 years ago

WWI was gas enough for all coutries involved. It eventually became a concept we called nuclear deterence. The ideas layed out in WWII still prevents countries from using chemical weapons to this day. Chemical warfare (on a large scale...silly to say ...for waht is large?) died in WWI. It will hopefully end there as well. Sad how sick the human mind can be. :( Milton