Niebler

[130.Pz]A.Niebler

50 XP

2nd August 2006

0 Uploads

1,114 Posts

0 Threads

#41 10 years ago

As for the effect, I dont think coding a jerky rubber band style lag whenever you get shot at is appropriate. I forget what game had that and man was it annoying. If the shader bug stops overriding the suppression effect in the patch, MGs will be more useful as well as grenades because at the moment, if you're aiming down the sight nothing will suppress your vision, thus not impeding your ability to shoot back at said attacker :P

Spencer the Great

Posts are always rough drafts

50 XP

29th May 2005

0 Uploads

594 Posts

0 Threads

#42 10 years ago

Totally realistic. Charlie Bronson is a sexy beast.

[130pz.]Kading

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

9th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,794 Posts

0 Threads

#43 10 years ago

yes, that is exactly what combat is like: hogan's alley style. taking cover is for cowards and bad guys.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#44 10 years ago
Kubador;4626341Just bring back my beloved suppression effect!

I miss 2.0 with that effect. Now I almost never experience it, and don't get the adrenaline rush you could get from hiding from a tank/MG. I love just hiding, I can spend a whole round just avoiding and sneaking past tanks, without killing a singe unit, and still have a blast. but that happens more and more rarely.

Eat Uranium

Wyrd bið ful ãræd

50 XP

12th July 2008

0 Uploads

646 Posts

0 Threads

#45 10 years ago

Same, if I can find an inventive place to hide, even if it isn't too good offensivly, and I can survive in said place for a long time, I feel I've acheived something. And anyway, need to get some practice for ambusing tanks with bazookas somehow... Suppression could definitly be improved. Certainly not quite as bad as it was, but much more than now.

Niebler

[130.Pz]A.Niebler

50 XP

2nd August 2006

0 Uploads

1,114 Posts

0 Threads

#46 10 years ago

They've stated they'll never change the duration length again apparently, after lots of testing. That and, depending on your computer, the supression effect either is really short or incredibly long D: which isnt good at all

Raizok

Boys, Boys, Boys

50 XP

27th May 2008

0 Uploads

509 Posts

0 Threads

#47 10 years ago
Lobo;4625184If you have the guts to shot my hat I will likely kill you, will kill your sons, will fornicate your pets, will burn your house and pee over the holes of your skull and the ashes and then I will sing a song over all the mess...and then I will dance over your grave.

Ooooh - a challenge!

Cpt.Englehorn

"Go Ahead,Make My Day"

50 XP

3rd November 2008

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#48 10 years ago

The thompson 28 rate of fire in game would be safe in the 700-800 rpm range. The wikipedia article on page one of the topic is correct in the sense of 600-1200 depending on model. The 1928s firing at 600 rpm are from a special order contract by the us navy. Handbook of the thompson submachine gun actually cites rof at 700-725 but they are often found between the 700-800 rpm range. 1200-1500 rpm would most likely be on the prototypes and earliest 1919 models. Having a thompson fire at 1200 rpm would probably make it shoot like a shotgun in terms of accuracy. The thompson line also differs in the sense of smgs being designed to fire 2-3 rd bursts. It was made with the intention of sweeping a trench with a long burst in order to clear it out. Lets not forget,this gun was designed for ww1 and was used in ww2 because it was all that was avalible in the time frame. On the reloading of the guns in FH.The speed is pretty much alright,reloading a drum isnt like reloading the stick. Have to open the bolt,slide out the drum,take a new one out of the pouch,slide it in and make sure its sitting right. With the stick you just drop it out,pull out a new one,slide it in and you are ready to go.

Cpt.Englehorn

"Go Ahead,Make My Day"

50 XP

3rd November 2008

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#49 10 years ago

Might I also add,the guns in game look magnificent,and the hardwork you did on them,shows in all of their 60+ year old glory. Been playin FH since it started with bf42

Meadow

You might very well think that

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3,000 Posts

0 Threads

#50 10 years ago

Welcome to the forums, Englehorn - a perfect example of a first post for all new guys to follow. Hope you stick around :)