Cpt Butterpants

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

7th February 2005

0 Uploads

237 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I like playing this alot in Single player -but i bet online it is much different. Do the Thunderbolts rule the skys and rape everyone? I think this is a very pretty plane. Did the M -19 really destroy infantry like crazy in real life as well as the old Ostwind? Just curious what town this FH map was resembling if any.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

This is the only map were a Thunderbolt will get ripped to pieces.

Although it all depends on the pilots I guess.

M19 > Komet > Thunderbolt > Big Stupid Nazi Jet Bomber That Shoots Backwards > Everything Else.

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

3rd September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Ostwind, bah, M19, bah, a scorewhore's dream.. BAH.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Personally I like flying the Piper L4 into things, mostly people, but that's just me.

Hehe, nose dive and fly low into a German Infantryman and he cant even hear it coming.

=D

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

3rd September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

NoCoolOnesLeftPersonally I like flying the Piper L4 into things, mostly people, but that's just me.

Hehe, nose dive and fly low into a German Infantryman and he cant even hear it coming.

=D

Its perfect for that..

I feel dirty for doing it, but it felt good at the time to kill the panther that was killing 80% of our armor as it spawned.

Flippy Warbear

One of Kelly's Heroes

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

2,600 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Flettner for the win!

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
Cpt ButterpantsI like playing this alot in Single player -but i bet online it is much different. Do the Thunderbolts rule the skys and rape everyone? I think this is a very pretty plane. Did the M -19 really destroy infantry like crazy in real life as well as the old Ostwind? Just curious what town this FH map was resembling if any.

Well having played this in a clan match on Sunday against 130 Panzer I can say: Thunderbolts only rule if the pilot is good, without going off on an ego trip I would say I managed to make effective use of it against the enemy. Its got wicked bombs and some decent guns but it can't compete with the axis planes on that map in terms of speed and climb rate but can out turn them.

M-19 does indeed rape infantry and planes. Raping infantry is a piece of piss but blasting planes is alittle harder. Ostwind is harder to use for shooting down planes though Matyast did an excellent job on Sunday ;), just like pretty much every AA vehicle it rapes infantry but is very vunerable to tanks, so make sure you have tank support when you use it or you will die fast.

Arminace made the map, I think it depicts a fictional battle between the elite German forces in their mountain fortress and the advancing Allies but i'm not totally sure.

Freggel

11PzG member

50 XP

19th February 2004

0 Uploads

170 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Allied forces believed there was a number of fanatic nazi soldiers that would fight till death. They thought they were around the eagle's nest, the area around berchtesgaden in bayern ( germany ).

This is indeed a fictive battle as no significant amount of troops were found.

This map is really nice as it brings good air-ground coordination. Thunderbolt can handle german planes with help of M19 and ofcourse a good pilot is needed.

But if you compare the thunderbolt with the Gotha 229 with the same pilot, I believe it is called, the gotha will win most of the times.

jumjum

Write heavy; write hard.

50 XP

10th April 2005

0 Uploads

6,827 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
I think it depicts a fictional battle between the elite German forces in their mountain fortress and the advancing Allies but i'm not totally sure.

Correct, but I don't know if it is meant to portray a particular town. The terrain is more the foothills than the actual Alps, in which the Allies feared they would have to fight.

This is the battle the Americans and British assumed would occur after Berlin fell. The Western allies pulled up around the Elbe and allowed the Russians to take Berlin alone. They viewed Berlin as a purely "prestige" objective with military value insufficient to justify what they thought would be the loss of tens of thousands of their soldiers from fanatical nazi last-rounders.They were almost certain the war would continue after Berlin fell, and ssumed Hitler would flee to the area of his beloved Berchtegaden, where the actual final battle would be fought in southern Germany's Alpines. Alpenfestung is FH's only true "fantasy battle". But it's actually pretty fun because of that, and since it's really the only one, I guess most of us accuracy freaks say, "Enjoy!".

*edit* Ah, I see Freggel cleared leather first.

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

19th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Alpenfestung is a fictional map wich presents what could happen if units wich still had faith in Hitler would manage to compleate his order wich was to organise Alpen fortress to protect home of "National Socialsm"... hopefuly it never happened. It's representing imagined, german Alps location. It's quite interesting, Eisenhower feared that if this order would be compleated, most likely allies wolud never win this battle. Alps were providing perfect shelter for fobrics wich could be equipping nazis with any types of arms. If numbers of "devoted" and experienced soldiers would be sufficient so they could hold any possible pass or road. Fact was that same ammount of Germans fighting against allied soldiers was almost always winning. Equipped with new weapons and vehicles and perfect fortress wich mountains were they could defend this area allowing nazis to create their own "country". Who know what could happen then. Though still if they would leave their safe fort they would probably got overpowered and defeated by prepared allied forces. Hard to tell what could happen realy...