Neighbor Kid

Pro Sherman Tanker

50 XP

31st July 2004

0 Uploads

1,334 Posts

0 Threads

#51 10 years ago

hey guys its been a while but i have a suggetion. For the M1919 in normandy y not have a kit for the M1919 that has a pistol to start with, and if you look at PR, they had a selectable weapon slot called "Deployed" for either the M249 or the RPK etc etc. y not have the kit like that and only be able to fire the weapon prone, the model would have both the M1919 and tripod. as if you do it right when the guy goes prone have an animation putting down a tripod in front of em and mounting the gun and rending the person unable to move from that position while he has teh gun out. and when he wants to move jsut switch weapons and stand up and run. Ive fired a BAR i loved it it never jammed tbh.

Stryker500

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

26th January 2009

0 Uploads

225 Posts

0 Threads

#52 10 years ago

I rarely see the Bren used as something of an assault rifle in FH2, I think the delaying in raising it to a firing position does a good job of preventing that.

Prone diving is still a problem with the Bren and other LMGs however, but that is EA's own fault.

Neighbor Kid

Pro Sherman Tanker

50 XP

31st July 2004

0 Uploads

1,334 Posts

0 Threads

#53 10 years ago

i think the way i said it would be a good way i dont see the down side really to it jsut give the weapon a like 5 second delay.. .. . and on a side note off topic.. be really cool if FH2 had animations for all teh weapons when you pull them out etc like in PR... that off topic.. back on topic

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#54 10 years ago
Neighbor Kid;4784959i think the way i said it would be a good way i dont see the down side really to it jsut give the weapon a like 5 second delay.. .. . and on a side note off topic.. be really cool if FH2 had animations for all teh weapons when you pull them out etc like in PR... that off topic.. back on topic

Dude, come on man. I wanted to stay out of this but...

First off, a 5 second delay? Do you realize how long 5 seconds is? That would be completely unreasonable and make the LMG class completely useless. Not only that, but it would be entirely unrealistic, and somewhat dumb down the gameplay. A soldier doesn't need to wait very long, at all, to fire accuratley and effectivly at his target. Less then a second in some cases. Depends on the range of the target. Want to know the best solution for dolphin divers? Here it is; shoot first, kill first.

Secondly.

FH2 is not PR. Need I say more?

azreal

FH2 Betatester

50 XP

15th July 2006

0 Uploads

809 Posts

0 Threads

#55 10 years ago
Sir Apple;4785041FH2 is not PR. Need I say more?

Well put :D

EDIT: plus PR takes like 80% of their stuff from other mods so their animator(s) have time to do useless animations like that.

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#56 10 years ago
Sir Apple;4785041somewhat dumb down the gameplay

Not really dumb down, but it'd encourage camping for the people who'd bother with the kit. 5 seconds = an eternity in FPS combat.

Neighbor Kid

Pro Sherman Tanker

50 XP

31st July 2004

0 Uploads

1,334 Posts

0 Threads

#57 10 years ago

Sir Apple;4785041Dude, come on man. I wanted to stay out of this but...

First off, a 5 second delay? Do you realize how long 5 seconds is? That would be completely unreasonable and make the LMG class completely useless. Not only that, but it would be entirely unrealistic, and somewhat dumb down the gameplay. A soldier doesn't need to wait very long, at all, to fire accuratley and effectivly at his target. Less then a second in some cases. Depends on the range of the target. Want to know the best solution for dolphin divers? Here it is; shoot first, kill first.

Secondly.

FH2 is not PR. Need I say more?

It was just a suggestion and yes I realize how long 5 seconds is, but what, do u expect the 1919 to have a tripod attached already and in a heart beat? From fh1 it was a kit and when dropped took 3-5 seconds depending on the server and u I tbh don't see a problem with the delay maybe make this 3 seconds the delay would help to stop dolphin divers and force them to consider staying in cover and getting the gun set than to run out infront of others and mow them down.

And as for my Pr thought if u look at the 249 animation the guy lokck and loads the weapon etc now it's obvious the weapon has the attached mag box but a 1919 was a crew served with one shooting and one helpng with the ammo not I was only say the animation for bringing out the 1919 besides the tripod anime would be to take an ammo belt open the breach of the gun loading it slamming the breach down or reciever or what ever it's named and then cock the gun to be ready to fire.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#58 10 years ago
Neighbor Kid;4785648It was just a suggestion and yes I realize how long 5 seconds is, but what, do u expect the 1919 to have a tripod attached already and in a heart beat? From fh1 it was a kit and when dropped took 3-5 seconds depending on the server and u I tbh don't see a problem with the delay maybe make this 3 seconds the delay would help to stop dolphin divers and force them to consider staying in cover and getting the gun set than to run out infront of others and mow them down.

So wait your talking tripods? Or Bipods? Because you can't dolphin dive with a tripod, in the first place. Plus, for instance, a Lafette is considered 'rare' on a map so dolphin divers wouldn't be a problem with tripod-ed weapons. Killing someone thats carrying around a Lafette is immensly easy.

If your talking bipods...

Bipods are easy to setup (you just pull down the two legs). And many a time if the soldier is in a combat situation his bipod is already down. So all he has to do is hit the ground and fire.

Neighbor Kid

Pro Sherman Tanker

50 XP

31st July 2004

0 Uploads

1,334 Posts

0 Threads

#59 10 years ago

Talking tripods Sry if it says bipod it's cause my iPod touch disagrees with words some times no whet to get a computer I'm at school waiting for my 5:40 embalming lab so I'm stuck here and anytime soon I'll lose Internet

And as for being unrealistic what are u talking about. Setting up a tripod seems very realistic call me crazy I just see that happening as Fh leans towards being a realism mod