Kakoru

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

19th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,050 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

Is Berlin Street only at night? I can't see anything at night, not even someone that is 1 feet away from me :(

Arisaka

Staff suffers from PCD

50 XP

16th August 2004

0 Uploads

1,495 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

it's not at night, it's just very dark, melancholic and smokey. you'll be able to see perfectly fine, but it's easy to get lost without a map. (seriously easy!!)

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

Well, gee, we could always go in the other direction and give everyone an FG42 then, huh? See, the ol' reductio ad absurdum goes in both directions. ;)

Besides, I don't mean completely devoid of automatic weapons, just that you wouldn't spawn with one. You could still leave pickup kits around. I don't see anyone complaining about the number of FG42s (there's three) on Berlin at the moment. I just don't see a reason why everyone should have one. And believe me, in a close combat map, everyone WILL have one if given the choice. Play Berlin some time and see how many Axis players take something OTHER than an MP40 or StG44. Remember Foy back in 0.6 or so when everyone on Axis would take the MG42 spawnable kit? Yeah, that's my point.

When automatic weapons are available in unlimited amounts, it turns urban maps into random spray 'n' pray quake-fests. I don't know about you, but I don't play FH to get a quake-like experience. If I wanted that, I'd be playing CS:S.

Oh, and 13th, my thoughts EXACTLY. :)

[CoUk]niu

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

12th March 2004

0 Uploads

2,110 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

I simply like to use a smg,not a rifle.

If it`s not spawnable,the map goes to the "disconnect upon loadingscreen" list.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

You'll be missed.

[nl]Invincible

FH Betatester

50 XP

29th December 2004

0 Uploads

1,437 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

a fallschirmgewer 42 is a rifle and a machine gun...so its perfect! and open parts of the map you switch over to singel shot! if you in a nerow street, you switch to automatic,.i love the fg42 its perfect..te only problem is you dont have nades wth you.. ..so i think its a good id giving everybody a Fg42,! but If its realistic i dont know,...i dont think al last german troops in berlin shouldt walk around with a Fg42...

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

Actually, if everyone had an FG42, it wouldn't be realistic. Nor would it be fun. In fact, it would suck what little fun is left to be had on that map right out the door, especially if it had nades with the kit. My suggestion was made to illustrate the ridiculous nature of saying "Oh gee why not get rid of ALL the guns." The logical obverse of that being "Oh gee, why not give everyone the PERFECT gun."

[nl]Invincible

FH Betatester

50 XP

29th December 2004

0 Uploads

1,437 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

-.- LoL

schoolkid

your mother is a beaver

50 XP

3rd June 2004

0 Uploads

1,134 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

Kingrudolf's map looks good, but laggy. Can any testers tell us the framerate you get on this map compared to the framerate in other FH maps (excluding the heavy ones like Eastern Blitz and Counterattack, etc.)? Furthermore, any AI? All good maps must have AI.

Arisaka

Staff suffers from PCD

50 XP

16th August 2004

0 Uploads

1,495 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago

AI is the last thing that gets added, otherwise you would not only have to revise spawns, statics, ground formation and textures, but also something you can't see.

i'm sure that this map will get AI as soon as it is ready for it.

i have not played it with a lot of people, but i can't remember any lag on it. maybe with some shooting (sounds) it would lag, but i'm not sure.