Ronin Pedroshin

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

878 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hey, I've read recently that Berlin Outskirts - 1945 is gone in 0.65. Is this true? It seems it has some lag bugs in the trenches (although I notice them but don't bother, the game just runs a bit slower and it's still playable) and so servers like WolfGaming (one of my favs) doesn't run it. Berlin Outskirts was one of my favorite maps because of the challenge it was for the Russians and the need to coordinate teamplay tactics with gathering tanks in line and calling artillery in important points. If it is true that is going to get removed then why do that instead of fixing it? I don't understand this. If it was a real historic battle that preceded the main Berlin battle why should it be removed from FH? If the lag is caused by the trenches' objects why don't you redone a Berlin Outskirts map with a single-piece trenches system to reduce the lag? I was just thinking that to make Berlin Outskirts better and to solve lag problems due to many objects, single-piece defensive network models seem to be missing from FH. I think that to make quite a few maps better (e.g. Berlin Outskirts) and to solve lag problems due to many objects, single-piece defensive network models would be nice to have. A good example of a large single piece defensive network is this one from BF1918: ?id=2012 Berlin Outskirts was done by Kingrudolf correct? Is he just a Fan FH Mapper or a Dev? I'm not sure to whom to direct this idea for fixing the map.

S1l3ntSt4lk3r

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,627 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Berlin Outskirts will not be with .65 and KingRudolf is a kickass fan mapper.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I never liked Berlin outskirts. It was a spam fest with no point. It moved incredibly slowly and usually ended up in someone spawn camping someone else.

Not too much fun. Until it can be done correctly, it should be removed and save space in the download.

Zehnder

Hands up. Who wants to die?

50 XP

27th July 2004

0 Uploads

584 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I disagree. Maps like Berlin Outskirts and Kursk, force a head on collison of forces. So many maps, lend themselves to roaming idiots that a "front" is never created. The developers sometimes have to force a front to happen, and when both teams gather up and move as a team, some seriously viscious clashes can take place.

Ronin Pedroshin

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

878 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Yes, this map is about as as bloody as an Omaha Beach/Stalingrad map so I don't see any problems in getting killed alot of times. You just need strategies and coordination to win.

Ivegottheskill

No.1 STvsSW Fan

50 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

172 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

That's stupid IMO, Berlin Outskirts was one of the best maps for FH :(

Hail of Nails

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

376 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

My only beef is the Tiger and the Rocket Arty.... Actually, rocket arty on any small map, like Karelia or Berlin Outskirts, is just easy kills for some jackass who does nothing but sit and fire. No skill.

Gobo12

Addicted to GF

50 XP

19th August 2004

0 Uploads

269 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I like the Berlin Outskirts map, I agree, it forces a front and it makes for an interesting map in most cases. It can fail when either the allied arty doesn't have a clue about how to arty properly or if the allies grab all bases and rape the back base. It has a few shortcomings but overall it's a great map and alot of fun to play with the 'forced front' concept. I wish it could just be fixed and not removed.

Shove It

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

6th September 2004

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

I liked this map alot. Along with forcing a fron it forces team work aswell.:tommygun:

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

good since it was the most unbalanced map in BF2942s history ..