odin (ger)

GF makes me horny

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#21 16 years ago

What the hell ... no Berlin Outskirts in 0.65? Very sad news ...

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#22 16 years ago

I do not mind that it is being fixed. I mean the trenches were very annoying especially for tanks. Also the barbed wire killed me about 20% of the time, because I couldn't move of lag.

The idea was a good one though, I liked the front and all...

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#23 16 years ago
Run 4 Da Gun comon you are telling me you go into pubs and work as a team instead of showing off your skills in points and capture?

Yes , comes with age you know. (Right Mbase :) ? )

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#24 16 years ago

Stupid I really like the map, maybe the map should be a little wider but I think it's a great action packed front line map.

And quit whining about a map being unbalanced, not every map has to be balanced to infinity to be fun.

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#25 16 years ago

I didn't dislike it as much as some (Bocage), but it wasn't an amazing map. It was balanced, but in a weird way; one side invariably ended up raping the other. Once the Russians were in the trenches, the Germans were going to lose. Once all the 88s were manned, the Russians were going to lose.

I suppose it's one for the anti-balance realism guys, but it never struck a chord with me or, I suppose, with the devs in the end. But it will be interesting to see what KR comes out with as a remake.

Mdbook

BFWorld Staff Member

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

92 Posts

0 Threads

#26 16 years ago

I really liked it for the sheer challenge both sides faced when all flags were held by one side or the other. The trench battles were extremely fun and though the PPSH was the king in those fights a person with a quick finger and Mp40 could kill just as easily.

Um...if you didn't realize btw, artillery is the key to any battle. And the Katyusha does take skill. You have to adjust fire and hit specific places to maximize the damage. Plus the artillery has such a strong pyschological effect that when a lot of shells are landing near you it is hard not to want to crawl and hide under a rock.

Berlin Outskirts also has lots of intense firefights once the Axis lose all their flags. I never have had so much fun shooting my G43 out of a window just to hold back the russian advance. Even though its impossible to push forward at that point the intense ferocity of those fights makes you feel like a German in 1945 getting beaten back slowly into your last stronghold - Berlin.

sidtherat

Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?

50 XP

6th September 2004

0 Uploads

403 Posts

0 Threads

#27 16 years ago

each and every great mod i enjoyed ended same way - devs started being smarter than average player removing things they thought were stupid.. thus limiting number of choices... mods died [q3: true combat was and still is greatest example of this]

and this all happends because... devs dont play game they make in the way players play them

with 1.5gb download it doesnt make sense to remove 50mb map just because someone doesnt like it or think it's unbalanced.. leave it for us to play or not to play this map...

Div. StTr| Trabi

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

13th May 2004

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#28 16 years ago

mähhhh I really liked Berlin Outskirts, I hope it will be fixed and then included in a later patch...

FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#29 16 years ago

I never really liked that map. Every time it came up in the rotation I'd disconnect because it was never a "battle", just a camp-fest.

Ronin Pedroshin

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

878 Posts

0 Threads

#30 16 years ago

Ok so I got the confirmation. It'll be redone, not from the third party person who submitted it (Kingrudolf?) but by the FH Devs. Let's hope it turns out to be a great map.